Paranoia or bad design?

Kamreefer

Call me paranoid but do you think this support will hold up the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikenh77

Here’s more pics

My grandpa was a civil engineer that designed a lot of Chicago's sewer, buildings, and Metra system. When I built my stand I had the same concerns... he laughed and told me that one wood upright 2 x 4 has enough strength to support the weight of a house. So assuming you have one on each corner of the tank and support beams to prevent bowing I think you're good to go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kamreefer

Lol thanks for the input. I’m more worried the there really is no center diagonal beam going across the support the center brace

Last edited:

Kamreefer

Awesome now I just have to figure out a slight leveling problem on the left side. The level is reading its 3/16 and 1/4 off I placed a shim between the stand and the floor and no luck may need to get bigger shims

Kamreefer

Ok here’s what I got input plz!!!!

Right side

Left side

front

middle

Back

#theMatrix

I would mostly worry if the tank was long...like a 6ft.
If it's a 4ft I would not worry. I had a 6ft long that was off by a quarter inch on one side......and the water lvl was lower by half inch difference. That's when I would worry. On a long tank.

Your thread title says paranoia or bad design...I think your more of a worry wart.

I see no problems here. Have you seen the stands for sale at Petco? And those go in doctors offices... they don't worry.

I have some calming tea you can have.

Obviously I'm giving you a hard time. But your stand looks well built more Overkill. And the lvl issue is minimal for your tank assuming its not 6ft long

Kamreefer

I would mostly worry if the tank was long...like a 6ft.
If it's a 4ft I would not worry. I had a 6ft long that was off by a quarter inch on one side......and the water lvl was lower by half inch difference. That's when I would worry. On a long tank.

Your thread title says paranoia or bad design...I think your more of a worry wart.

I see no problems here. Have you seen the stands for sale at Petco? And those go in doctors offices... they don't worry.

I have some calming tea you can have.

Obviously I'm giving you a hard time. But your stand looks well built more Overkill. And the lvl issue is minimal for your tank assuming its not 6ft long
Lol hahah sorry I live in a condo that’s why I worry btw I did a little more reinforcing! Hahahahahahah

I added 3 support beams