Pay attention misfits! Watch Your Tank!

chicagophil

Note : this is my 10 gallon *** tank that is housing my coral frags from my tank that i sold 3 months ago - i just do water changes and have a MP10 running. - light feeding. coral frags only. So yeah, I thought I could get away with letting 1 piece of coral die in my tank - i tried saving it - **** was I nieve.

Favia , about 3X3 inch piece. I thought it would recover, i did a water change. 25%

did another 25% 3 days later, it totally disintigrated.

Then a clam died 2 days after that -

Did a 40% water change when the 1st clam died - this was monday night.

Came home yeserday - man - it smelled awful - everything looked awful

2nd clam was way dead.

in a fit of despiration I did a 80% water change and nearly cried. I am going to be totally upset if everything dies in my frag tank.

i am setting up a new tank - but it isn't ready. this sucks sucks sucks.

SkullV

That's terrible. I have a blue Maxima clam that I'm going to be selling for a really nice price if you want first crack at it. It's at my office if you want to come by and get it.

ColaAddict

Are you spiking ammonia?
Phil, I can hold your frags/clams in my refugium if you want, until your tank is ready. But I'm all the way in Northbrook.

Pufferpunk

Anything that dies in a tank that small is going to cause an ammonia problem. ANY amount of ammonia can entirely wipe out a tank, with such little dilution in a 10g. What kind of biological filtration do you have on there? On my 15g frag tank, I used an old HOB filter & filled it with LR rubble.

chicagophil

Jeni, you said it right. Anything happening at the 10G level is going to cause things to change quickly. That was my issue, it was just a simple frag setup with maybe 3-4 pounds worth of LR. I did Water changes every 5 days or so.

poidog

how are your other frags doing? any SPS? are you running carbon? clams really pollute the water when the die... and stink!

Smith11

hey cola, off topic but where in northbrook do you live by? I live in northbrook too and if there's a group buy or something we could pic stuff up for each other?