peaceful damsel... I know right? Chrysiptera Galba (Canary Demoiselle)

jrpark22000

Premium member
Post your experience with him once you get him, it will be a while before I get mine.
Well, I was able to get one of the three on DD in the last week. It was put into a small QT setup this morning. It's already eating flake, pellet and frozen food. Swims around with a hint of confidance. It's staring at it's reflection with fins down but not charging it. The fish has no fear of me in any way, even when transfering it into the tank or when I come to the glass.

I'm wondering with all this, how agressive it'll be... I'll keep this updated.

madjoe

Premium member
Well, I was able to get one of the three on DD in the last week. It was put into a small QT setup this morning. It's already eating flake, pellet and frozen food. Swims around with a hint of confidance. It's staring at it's reflection with fins down but not charging it. The fish has no fear of me in any way, even when transfering it into the tank or when I come to the glass.

I'm wondering with all this, how agressive it'll be... I'll keep this updated.
Its gonna beat on 6 inch fish lol flippen damsels

pseudo joe

I had one about five or six years ago. Picked it up at Old Town and had it in a 110 gallon mixed reef. I don't know that I'd call it a peaceful fish but it wasn't belligerent. Once it became acclimated to my tank I would describe it as territorial rather than aggressive. It's a gorgeous fish and I'd get another if the opportunity ever presented itself. Enjoy it!

jrpark22000

Premium member
I had one about five or six years ago. Picked it up at Old Town and had it in a 110 gallon mixed reef. I don't know that I'd call it a peaceful fish but it wasn't belligerent. Once it became acclimated to my tank I would describe it as territorial rather than aggressive. It's a gorgeous fish and I'd get another if the opportunity ever presented itself. Enjoy it!
Thanks for the first hand info. Can't wait to see for myself.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I don't know wtf is wrong with this darn fish. It loves to eat, but... Anytime I have added; brine, mysis, rods, or LRS it's tries every peice it can fit in it's mouth, then always spits it back out. On the other hand anytime the autofeeder goes off and dumps in the combination of ocean nutrition flakes (2 kinds,) pellets and tlf algea strips it eats like it's never seen food.

Crazy damsel....

Mjl714

I don't know wtf is wrong with this darn fish. It loves to eat, but... Anytime I have added; brine, mysis, rods, or LRS it's tries every peice it can fit in it's mouth, then always spits it back out. On the other hand anytime the autofeeder goes off and dumps in the combination of ocean nutrition flakes (2 kinds,) pellets and tlf algea strips it eats like it's never seen food.

Crazy damsel....
I've got a coule of clownfish that are the same way, love the pellets, and just about nothing else.

jrpark22000

Premium member
[MENTION=259]MMreef[/MENTION] and others following.

The little guy is pretty cool. Been in the DT a couple days now. Always out in the center front of the tank and always looking for food. It shows zero agression but also doesn't incite any agression from the exisiting fish. It found a tight cave or large hole in the rocks and sleeps in it nightly. For the most part it just spends the day in open water darting around picking at every little spec that floats by in the water column. It has zero fear of people, bring your face right to the glass and it'll still come over and check you out. IT's color is as bright as in the stock photo, but it very seldom holds out any of it's other fins to see the blue edges. The fish is never within the top 4-5 inches of the tank, so it seems quite unlikely to jump.

Now will come the long term test to see how it does once it gets older and bigger.

MMreef

Nice update, i wonder how it would do in small group like 3, for sure is on my list for my tank.

jrpark22000

Premium member

jrpark22000

Premium member
Still loving this little fish. It's growing nicely and the coloration is getting better. It's lost all but a trace of the blue alone the fin edges, but the body scales are getting a slight black edge to all of them giving the body a lot of color contrast from black and yellow. It's always out swimming up front and has been quite peacful. It does have moments of acting like a crack head, jumping around like a bunch of kansas city f@ggots, (sorry it's a funny movie quote, it's not to be offensive) but it reminds me of how a young dog jumps around to burn off energy.

[video=youtube;9gj9uEeuDtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gj9uEeuDtQ[/video]