Peninsula @ 6 months

bretts05jeep

Here are a few more. Is it me or is photobucket super slow and freezes up on you constantly. I have a few more but Im out of patients for the day.

skjohn98

Brett, I ams setting up a 220 peninsula tank, could you please show some of your stand, canopy pictures? Yours really looks nice in these pictures, and how did you do your overflow?
John

bretts05jeep

The stand is 8ft long. I wanted 2ft for the plumbing, and let me tell you it is barley enough room to work in. I've seen ones that are much smaller and I don't know how they did it. Stand was built in three pieces so that it could be moved more easily. The canopy is 21 inches tall with a 12 inch opening, accessible from both sides. Very happy with the canopy.

If I could change anything about the design I might have gone a little higher on the height the tank sits. Its 34 inches at the bottom leaving me just enough room above the sump. I may have gone like 40 in. but then it might have been harder than it already is to work in the tank.

bretts05jeep

For the plumbing I have two 1.5 in down. one is running at full siphon with a gate valve and the other is an emergency pipe. I have two 1 inch returns running on there own pumps just incase one ever fails I will still have one till I can get a new one. It is also plumbed to a water change station in the basement so I do not have to lift any buckets.

Hope these pictures are helpful to you. If you have any other questions or would like any other specific pictures let me know. It was a 2 year build for me before I got water in it.

skjohn98

Looks very nice, mine hopefully won't take as long as yours did, how much flow are your return pumps rated for?
I want to use a synergy reef overflow but not sure which one.
My stand is right at 36" tall.
I plan on using the closed end the hide the steel joist support as it's going in the basement, the canopy will be about 30" tall,
How did you make your stand doors and canopy doors?
Thanks for all your info!!!!!!!!

bretts05jeep

The return pumps were rated at 1200gph or 1500gph I cant remember but one is a reef octopus cost like $250 ( older model not the white ones) and the other is a jebao cost like $75. They both look identical except different colors and different controllers. They are both controllable DC pumps. I run the jebao at 6 of 10 and the reef octopus at 6 of 6 to keep them at about the same out put. The jebao is defiantly the better buy at $75 dollars. Even if it only last a third of the time it is still a better buy. They are both very quiet.

They didn't have synergy overflows when I started my build but defiantly what I would have went with if they did.

Ill put a few pictures of my doors on tomorrow for ya, but they are made out of the cut outs from the stand skin. they just have trim on them and are held on by magnets. same for the canopy and large equipment door except they have hinges instead of magnets. much easier to work in there when you can just remove the doors.