People who arnt active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith11

Maybe add a mod that deletes profiles that haven't been used in a set amount of time, like 3 months and then it gets deleted. That way the contests that reward people who refer people to the forum wouldn't create so many psuedo accounts that just linger around forever. Then for people who wont be online due to outside problems want their accounts to be saved a they can post in a thread or something and then reactivate their profile.

MMreef

I think it is a terrible idea.That is another way to turn people off from this site.I know some profiles have not been active for a while,but so what? There are a lot of people that don't spend a lot of time on CR,but check in once in a while.I for once would not come back if my profile was deleted due to not being active for even a long period of time.Sometimes "life happens",or interest fade and people take some time off ,but this is no reason to delete their profiles.It's like saying "you're not active enough,we don't want you here".As far as people creating profiles to benefit from referrals,well this is going to happen as long as there rewards for that kind of contests.I still believe this is a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable members,where you can get a great advice you seek,being able to connect with other hobbyists, and also a great place to buy or sell reef related stuff,so just for those reasons people should be referring new members,so this forum can expend and not just for a reward.I referred a few people here and I don't even ask them to put me as referral when they sign up.I am happy that they are here and we can share our success or failures and to learn from each other.

SkullV

You would lose 80% of the sites membership. That is why I was interested in seeing how many actual members were active in a week long span but ..

FishBeard

People have been maintaining saltwater aquariums for over half a century now, 3 months is a flash in the pan for some people. This forum hasn't even been live for a year yet. People come and go from the hobby quite a bit, it doesn't hurt anyone if their user account is left active.

jcarlilesiu

You would lose 80% of the sites membership. That is why I was interested in seeing how many actual members were active in a week long span but Jake decided that idea was "for my personal benefit" when he was a mod.

I still don't see why a regular, non-staff member of the site needs access to that information. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my Galaxy using tapatalk

jcarlilesiu

*shrugs shoulders*

Not really a big deal in my eyes. I welcome everybodies opinions, I just might not agree.

Plus, if I am boxing anybody its going to be scott, I think I can take his country *** to the farm. (just kidding scott)

Sent from my Galaxy using tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.