Peroxide dip

Thedg

Has anyone done this to combat GHA?
I have my water quality back under control right now, but I fear that won't be the case once I fry the Live rock.

luckyme0670

It works.. gotta have a good water balance .. if u have any corals not at 100% it will most likley kill them.. I have lost polyps but only ones that were having problems..

Smitty

Premium member
I've done it many of times in the past, and it does work. I've even drained my entire tank once and sprayed all the rocks with peroxide and then refilled the tank.

Herbie

Banned
I did it with no ill effects at all. It does completely kill Coraline and corals are perturbed for a little while but I even did a BN frag with bryopsis on it and the frag fully recovered. I did about 4:1 ratio. Try to pull as much as you can before dipping because it will rot away pretty quickly after.

fwadiver

never dipped it but i have target applied it with an eyedropper to the algea areas... about to do it again for some dictoya that popped up in my tank (if i only had a tang)

Thedg

It's my carnivore tank so I didn't have any coral I was worried about, the first article I read had you submerging the rocks into a 1 to 4 peroxide to tank water mix. Dre the article you posted did have a formula for dosing, I think I will give that a shot first and see what happens.

Why would you dose peroxide?
I tried it during all my algae problems. There are a lot of people who have tried and it seams pretty common in fresh water planted tanks. I figured it couldn't be too bad. I wasn't really dosing but just measuring the amounts I was spot treating.

7Hogwarts

Premium member
Before any coral goes in my system I use Procoral cure. Rinse them Then, all zoas/palys get Hydrogen peroxide. I put the HP into a bath. I use an eye dropper usually and apply the Hp inuntil the frag begins to bubble add a few more drops and let it soak for 15 to 20 minutes. I haven't lost a Z/P yet since I started doing that.

Thedg

*Update*
So after 1 week of dosing HP you wouldn't believe the difference. My main display is almost back to the point where I am not ashamed of it. I'll try to find some before pictures to post with the after ones, the GHA is still present, but it has dramatically reduced and the majority of what is still present is not looking very healthy.