Pests Id please.

m.miller1547

I've had an increase in population of these small snails. With no predators I'm afraid they will continue to grow.
View attachment 13682
Also one of my paly frags has something on it. Kinda looks like really tiny snails, but I'm not sure. I'm going to dip tomorrow. No other frags seem to be affected. View attachment 13683

caragol

Hard to see, might be collinistas, free cuc. If so, let me know if you're headed to swap and ill buy some from you. I wouldn't mind a breeding population.

m.miller1547

That's a paly that is typically immune to the pox. Plus I've had pox and this is not it. It still may be bacterial so a furan dip wouldn't hurt. Thanks guys. How about the tiny snails.

m.miller1547

Mine is pretty close to covering rock. I get home at 12:30 or so and often turn my lighting on low. All I see are those snails. Tonight I found one of my larger snails grazing on my forest fire. Idk y, but the sps looks pissed. I'm dipping those palys tomorrow and another frag or two with peroxide. I had some HA from previous tank. I know when my nitrates start to creep up. The HA looks healthy LOL. I been dipping these two frags in peroxide for over three months. Maybe once a month. Seems like I have to dip them as soon as they start looking good. They loose color almost immediately.

Cubbies

Yea they are Collonista Snails. They are invasive if you let them get out of control but are great algae grazers. You do have to watch out thought as there is one that looks very similar to it and will munch on coral. I forgot what it's called but i remember that the difference was in the shell. The bad ones have a pointy top versus the rounded top of Collonistas.