Picasso Clown Acting Weird

elite01

Ok guys hopefully someone here can help me figure out what's going on. I've had my pair for almost a year now. Well the larger of the two finally found my bta and started hosting it about two months back. Well about four days ago he stated to stay I the nem. He won't leave it at all. He's not eating and I haven't SEEN him eat in about four days. He's also been putting the nems tentacle in his mouth and spitting them out. Two days ago he was being dragged by the current in the tank as if he was on his way out. Now he's swimming normally and is in the nem 24/7. Anyone have any input as to why she's acting this way?

superfish

I don't have a nem. So I never had same issue.
Is your light on cycle? Does the clown has a peaceful/dark environment to sleep at night.
when I leave my algae scrubber lights on 24 hours a day, a few of my clown pairs seem to be affected. They look sleepy in their nest during the day and not eating.
After I put my algae lights on a 14/10 cycle, they seem fine now.

elite01

I don't have a nem. So I never had same issue.
Is your light on cycle? Does the clown has a peaceful/dark environment to sleep at night.
when I leave my algae scrubber lights on 24 hours a day, a few of my clown pairs seem to be affected. They look sleepy in their nest during the day and not eating.
After I put my algae lights on a 14/10 cycle, they seem fine now.
The lights are on a cycle. Hasn't changed at all. The only difference was that I took my lights off of a ceiling hanging kit and put them on an aluminum rail which lowered the light another 5-6 inches. I saw bleaching from some of my corals so I lowered the intensity. The lights in my sump stay on 24/7 but those sit under the stand. The tank does have moonlight and has always had them.

dinesdylan

My black and white likes to stay in my nem but he'll come out when I feed to grab food and pull it back for the nem. If he's not eating though I'd be a little worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elite01

My black and white likes to stay in my nem but he'll come out when I feed to grab food and pull it back for the nem. If he's not eating though I'd be a little worried

He's moved away from the nem and is now hosting my frogspawn. Still not eating... Weirdest thing. Not sure if wether to pull into qt or leave him be....

dinesdylan

I had an orange clown who would go between my nem and a spot in the rock work and I noticed he wasn't eating and unfortunately he died. Maybe try qt and see if he'll start eating

elite01

I've left him in since and although I haven't seen him eat I highly doubt it's possible for him to continue on without eating at all. I'm at a loss but if he's still alive then let's see how it plays out