picky eaters !! whats your go to

lunacris

so we have all had that fish thats a pia and makes us stress about getting it to eat again . whats your magic go to mix or food of choice that usually works for ya ? i myself have a ton of food flake, pellets , frozen ... i always stress to see eat at store first , if it eats i ask what ya feeding ? this makes it a bit easier after getting it home . when home, i have mixed all my flake together in a big tub if that dont work pellets enriched with garlic /without . frozen is normal rods , mysis . if they wont eat my go to is brine sp. with garlic extreme . this seems to be my magic sauce and usually gets them picking . after that i start mixing the everyday feed with it till brine and garlic extreme is no longer mixed in . whats your go to ?

SkullV

Spirulina Brine seems to get most things going for me if all else fails. Once they are on that I usually just put the NLS .5mm pellets in the water with the brine for a nmin or 2 and dump it all in, over the course of a couple weeks I reduce the amount of brine I use and increase the amount of pellets.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, hotdogs or spaghetti-Os :lol:

Spectrum, gut-loaded brine, mysis, rods, red worms, ocean nutrition prime reef or formula 2 and mix any/all of it with garlic. Some combination of it has worked for everyone to date.

AQUAPROS

Premium Sponsor
all of the above have worked, also want to add New Era Pellets have gotten great reactions out of fish including copperband butterflies, and also the 'human-grade' Reef Frenzy! We carry them all

sevenseas

Finicky eaters should be left in the ocean. Chances are, even if they eventually accept foods, they wont have a long lives in a tank!

lunacris

but how does one know its a picky eater when it eats at store and the you get it home ? and all reading about the fish prior to buying nobody says its hard to get eating . sometimes the most common fish will be a bit of a pain . what do you do then ? return to ocean ?