Pico Adventure

So I was cruising though the local petco for some dog food and like I always do I head by the fish just to see, I came across a petco branded 3.7 aio for just about 50 bucks. I've seen some pico reefs and decided I'd give it a go, using sand, water, live rock, and then coral frags from my main tank.
View attachment 19628
View attachment 19629
Seems like a pretty decent setup in my honest opinion. I opened it up gave it a little cleaning and started moving along. I'm pretty impressed with the overall filtration system. There's a filter with carbon in it and then a case with bio ball type of thing. Compared to some pico tanks I've seen there is a lot of room back there. I got a small heater back there and I'm going to upgrade the pump with an adjustable hydor unit.
View attachment 19630
View attachment 19631
Got it setup and cycling with stuff from my main tank, had a couple hitch hikers make there way with the sand.
I know the light isn't going to do anything for me so I plan on using some led bulbs I picked up on amazon a while ago. Overall I'm impressed for the little money I put in it. Will probably find another ato to use for it. I'm definitely looking forward to this challenge.

Livestock I'm thinking:
A single hermit
2 snails
A sexy shrimp
Maybe a clown gobie if I end up being able to keep it stable.

Corals:
I plan on some daisy polyps I have to put down low as partial ground cover
From there a small Frogspawn
Going up my rock I want bright colorful zoas. I'm going to start with my candy apples and radioactives, look around for some fire pieces later.
On the rock there is a perch, thinking about some gsp there

That is the plan, I am looking for some super bright colored zoas to do so. On that little ledge I was thinking some gsp

I get what you are saying but I look at it like this: I have a piece of my reef at work now, the light spill over is not as bad now as it was before. The Zetlight works well, just wasnt blue enough for me so I put my antinic strips with it for some color but I am looking for other options, maybe I should have just gotten the Kessil A80.