Picture Heavy - Corals - T247

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I was just looking at the OR site and saw this light.

http://www.oceanrevivellc.com/goods.php?id=15

Is this "the" it2060 light that is so famous?
Yes, that is the IT series. I have two and really like them.

However, I'm considering buying four of the 247s and hanging them sideways in my canopy. That will give me better front/back coverage. My two IT2060's are too short for my tank and they don't cover the front to back very well on a 24" deep tank.
[MENTION=2662]OceanRevive[/MENTION], is it easy to swap out the LED in the 247s? I don't like that much white in mine. I'm handy enough with a soldering iron. I've replaced many the LEDs in my IT2060s.

OceanRevive

Yes, that is the IT series. I have two and really like them.

However, I'm considering buying four of the 247s and hanging them sideways in my canopy. That will give me better front/back coverage. My two IT2060's are too short for my tank and they don't cover the front to back very well on a 24" deep tank.
[MENTION=2662]OceanRevive[/MENTION], is it easy to swap out the LED in the 247s? I don't like that much white in mine. I'm handy enough with a soldering iron. I've replaced many the LEDs in my IT2060s.
Yes, it is easy to do that when you know the soldering iron. Actually you had done that before in your IT2060s. When you need T247, please purchase on our website www.oceanrevivellc.com. All the lights are free shipping in US. Btw, thanks for answering the questions for other member here.

OceanRevive

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Pulled the trigger on one of these today. I plan to run it between my two it2060s, and slide them to the ends of my tank. I'm going to run this sideways. I also bought 20 royal blue diodes so I can immediately get rid of the Reds, greens, and some whites.

OceanRevive

Pulled the trigger on one of these today. I plan to run it between my two it2060s, and slide them to the ends of my tank. I'm going to run this sideways. I also bought 20 royal blue diodes so I can immediately get rid of the Reds, greens, and some whites.
Sound gread. More pictures shared here will be appreciative.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Hey Sawdonkey, do these have the exact same functionality as the IT2060's we have? I'm thinking on adding one of these with my two 2060's for my 180 gallon bar build. Thoughts?

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
I think I'll just need to match the led's and my thoughts would be that they would look very close if not identical.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Hey Sawdonkey, do these have the exact same functionality as the IT2060's we have? I'm thinking on adding one of these with my two 2060's for my 180 gallon bar build. Thoughts?
No, These only program on/off times and intensity of the each channel. No sunrise/sunset. However, you can make one channel go on earlier and off later to have the intensity ramp up and down throughout the day. They also don't have moonlights. These are things I don't think I'll miss too much given that I have WAY better spread.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
So not programmable by the hour.. Darn. Through your research, did you find a model like this that did have programmable intensity by the hour?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
So not programmable by the hour.. Darn. Through your research, did you find a model like this that did have programmable intensity by the hour?
There are tons of them out there, but not at $158 per fixture shipped. I was going more for coverage than bells and whistles. My old lights were programable, and I liked that, but there were too many dark spots in my tank. I did like the dim lights in the morning and at night, but I'll be fine without.

You could always swap out some leds In one channel of these and run it at a low intensity in the morning/night, then have the other channel come on at high intensity during peak hours. This would be a poor man's way of getting sunrise sunset out of these. You wouldn't want to do it with a blue channel and white channel, but rather two mixed channels.

Last edited: