Pictures of my new nano

edsbeaker

Hi,
The new tank is up and running, and I just wanted to share some pictures of it. It is a JBJ 30 gallon rimless AIO. I'm extremely happy with the decision to keep a smaller tank running instead of totally getting out.

Hope you like it. :smile5:

The stand is a bathroom vanity. I made a wood top for it, attached decorative molding on three sides and painted it black.

View attachment 4435

View attachment 4436

View attachment 4437

View attachment 4438

These two are the biggest reason I decided to keep a reef tank running. I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of them. They are soooo cute together.

View attachment 4439

Last edited:

edsbeaker

They are a bonded pair of flame hawkfish. They tend to move around from rock to rock throughout the day. But they are usually sitting side by side.

vucious

Very cool fish. I might have to find myself a pair. Any fish they shouldn't be in the same tank with?

They are a bonded pair of flame hawkfish. They tend to move around from rock to rock throughout the day. But they are usually sitting side by side.

edsbeaker

Very cool fish. I might have to find myself a pair. Any fish they shouldn't be in the same tank with?
Probably other hawkfish, but otherwise I think you are OK. They do tend to snack on shrimp and snails, though! I have two large cleaner shrimp that they do not seem to bother, at least not yet. :)

Very nice setup!
Thanks Lionel.

Looks great! I've always loved flame hawks.
Thanks. They are one of my favorites along with midas blennies.

edsbeaker

Did you get them as a pair or did they pair up in your tank .. they do look sweet :)
I got them from Divers Den as a bonded pair. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get two to pair up. It would be nice if it was fairly easy. Maybe someone should try it and let us know? Anyone???