Placement of your aquarium and visitors/intoxicated individuals

MAERAK

So guys, I'm moving in with a new roommate. He has a history of partying on the weekends, however I've never seen him out of control physically. Of course I would like to put my 28G nano cube w/ stand in the main room so visitors can look, however I'm a bit nervous that it could be damaged. My question is, has anyone had an issue or nerves about putting a tank in a general area. I think this is geared more toward 20 somethings. Any good stories?

DB9181

lol thx MDA - Yes, nearly had a heat attack - had someone walked to hard that beer would have ended up in my tank.... wipping out probably thousands...

DB9181

Bottom line - it comes down to people and guests respecting your property, none the less that the entire tank is a living creature. However, that can quickly go out the window as more alcohol is consumed. This particular individual that placed a full beer on the rim of my 120g (instead of the 5in edge around by entire tank) was extremely apologetic the next time i saw him, though he does not remember doing it nor why he would have done it in the first place.

Comes down to it, if you think there's a good chance it could become an issue... maybe place the tank elsewhere.

CoralN00b

I have my 28 Gal Nano in my front room, right by my front door. I throw parties all the time, or have guests over weekly. I'm 28 so my guests are all around the 23- 35 age range.

I never had a problem. My tank has the hood on it though, so that might be part of the reason, and the only open area is in the back of the tank, which is tucked into a corner. If I had an open tank top, I would probably be typing something different.

Dan said it best, it comes down to the people and guests and their level of respect. As people get drunker in my house, they stay away from the tank because they know how important it is to me.

The worst I have had is people swinging the door open and the knob hitting the tank once or twice.