Planted Nano Tank

Cubano32

Premium member
Well finally got my HC today and my Fissidens the fissidens looked pretty bad but going to see if I can save them if not Oh well I'll try something else.. The only thing I hate about tanks is aquascaping I'm horrible at it.. Here comes day 1 of DSM...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

xj_matt

Premium member
Well finally got my HC today and my Fissidens the fissidens looked pretty bad but going to see if I can save them if not Oh well I'll try something else.. The only thing I hate about tanks is aquascaping I'm horrible at it.. Here comes day 1 of DSM...

I think it looks Hella kool man I love it

skyon888

Looks great!

I'm expecting santa to bring me a spec V that I plan to setup as a planted shrimp tank, that site has some nice pieces of driftwood. I might have to order from them!

Cubano32

Premium member
Looks great!

I'm expecting santa to bring me a spec V that I plan to setup as a planted shrimp tank, that site has some nice pieces of driftwood. I might have to order from them!
Yea their great just a little pricey

Cubano32

Premium member
Well day 8 of DSM no noticeable new growth yet but not really worried it will come.. But my moss i got was a bad batch and I got it on my tree and it's not. Going to be able to be salvaged I think.. Time to start with a new moss and hope it's a better quality

Cubano32

Premium member
Well on week 2 of DSM and everything looking good so far I finally noticed some growth and little shoots coming from the sides of some of the HC.. Looking to flood it prob around the end of January

Cubano32

Premium member
DSM week 3 I can definitely see significant growth on the left side and on the front but nothing on the right side.. But I am definitely happy with how well ita doing so far

skyon888

Nice growth on the HC! I hear it's pretty difficult to grow.

Ever hear of eleocharis belem? Apparently it's hard to come by but an easy grower for a low tech tank.

Cubano32

Premium member
Wait so this is not full of water ? Its kinda live a vivarium ?
So basically it's a freshwater planted tank but before I add water to it I do a Dry Start Method (DSM) which is I put the plants in and the wrap the the top of tank with cling wrap to keep all the humidity inside which helps the plants grow faster and develop a strong root system. Then everyday I open wrap up mist the plants let it get new air and wrap back up. So that when I do add water they don't uproot and they don't die.

madjoe

Premium member
So basically it's a freshwater planted tank but before I add water to it I do a Dry Start Method (DSM) which is I put the plants in and the wrap the the top of tank with cling wrap to keep all the humidity inside which helps the plants grow faster and develop a strong root system. Then everyday I open wrap up mist the plants let it get new air and wrap back up. So that when I do add water they don't uproot and they don't die.

Ah i see now . Gonna be bad azz man goodluck

Cubano32

Premium member
DSM week 4 I can deff say there has definitely been significant amount of growth in such short time.. Its hard holding back no filling it up yet ? but I'm going to try to hold off for a few more weeks lol.