Planted Nano Tank

Cubano32

Premium member
DSM week 5 almost fully covered floor only one more week till I fill it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
DSM week 5 almost fully covered floor only one more week till I fill it.

Dam that grows fast. Did u put any on the branches ive seen some on you tube made to look like a forest under water

Wow awesome looking. I was thinking of doing a small freshwater tank. Where did u learn about how to not fill up the aquarium and to just let it grow and get the roots established? I would of already screwed up on that. I guess I better read more. :)

Cubano32

Premium member
Wow awesome looking. I was thinking of doing a small freshwater tank. Where did u learn about how to not fill up the aquarium and to just let it grow and get the roots established? I would of already screwed up on that. I guess I better read more. :)
I mean you don't have to do it the way I did but some plants are better if you start it that way so they can get better rot system.. I did alot reading and research and joined a few forums to learn a lot

Cubano32

Premium member
So after 5 weeks of doing a dry start to my 10g tank I finally filled it up. I am going to blast it with Co2 at the start to make sure the HC takes over and spreads good.. Also be adding some background plants to give it more depth.

Cubano32

Premium member
Do you have a recommendation for a source of fissidens and other mosses?
Honestly i have no idea the fissidens that I got online came in dry so I would not recommend it

skyon888

Looks awesome!

Do you have a recommendation for a source of fissidens and other mosses?
I've had good luck with java moss, it grows like crazy even in my low tech tank. Petland in Bolingbrook carries it for around $6/cup.

Cubano32

Premium member
Looks awesome!

I've had good luck with java moss, it grows like crazy even in my low tech tank. Petland in Bolingbrook carries it for around $6/cup.
Yea Petland does have alot of stuff but honestly all of their stuff doesnt look all that healthy and full and I mean full of snails

Cubano32

Premium member
True, is there anywhere else you recommend for plants?
Also this Sunday there is a convention in Hoffman estate the GCCA (Greater Chicago Cichlid Association) and there you can go and find many plants and another group I belong to is going to have a table set up with plants to buy and what not

Paulip

This is an awesome project. I would go as far as to say that it is deserving of it's own discussion under "Fresh Water Reefs".