Planted tank layouts

scotty

http://www.tropica.com/layouts.aspx

I found this, and by far this is the most professional site I have found for layouts. By nature I have 0 creativity when it comes to scaping something that looks good, salt or fresh or furniture, so a site like this, to even tell me what plants I should run to keep it simple, is amazing.

jcarlilesiu

Scaping freshwater planted tanks is truly and art. Knowing the plants grown rates, patterns, and how it changes depending on light intensity. Some plants will grow like carpet under high light but grow vertically under low light.

The maintenance on a planted tank took a lot of time. The plants grow much faster than coral and require weekly attention to keep the thing from looking like an out of control jungle.

The results though were very satisfying. Keep us posted.

scotty

my 40 breeder is going to be 100% hardscape mangrove root biotope, using manzita branches to get the effect. It is going to be super low light using a handful of LED's, because I'm not growing anything the cheap string of dimmables to get that shimmer blackwater effect. We're going todo discus in it, the idea being (evil genius) that when the discus get too big, we need a new tank!

so IF there is going to be any green, I'm just going to get something foreground to add some contrast nothing alive, fake for the dwarfs and discus.

WeePee

well at least one person isn't mad you killed the salt tank...
that dam basslet never comes out.

*wow, this forum now has a G-rated language filter. ill guess ill just have to start swearing now to bypass it.

scotty

well at least one person isn't mad you killed the salt tank...
that dam basslet never comes out.

*wow, this forum now has a G-rated language filter. ill guess ill just have to start swearing now to bypass it.

haha he will, you have some pretty hardcore fish in there though, might take a while, but that fish is evil incarnate. as long as the clowns get over the sissy they caught, ill be ok with leaving them.