Please help - I think I have ich

Eddie79

Premium member
I have never seen ich, but I think that I have it. My large onyx clown has white stuff all over him (looks like dust on him). He is active and eating just fine, but it's all over him. How can I tell for sure?

Eddie79

Premium member
Or if someone could help me set up a qt tank. Just don't want her or any of my other fish to die.

Thank you!

Sawdonkey

Premium member
If one fish has it, they all have it. Sounds like ich to me. You'll probably need to qt all fish. Consider yourself lucky if you haven't had ich before. Time for copper treatment. It's not fun or easy, but you can get through it without any casualties.

madjoe

Premium member
post a pic Eddie....best to be sure before you treat
Yea cause if i was right fish probably dead or almost by now . Ive also seen fish specially clowns get irritated by a coral they rubbing on so they produce a heavy slime coat which makes em look sick .

Eddie79

Premium member
I will take a pic when I get home. I do have a tube anemone if that could cause it to have problems.

Bommie

I just recently cured ich on my royal gramma. I used no-ich.... I didn't do anything else (salinity/temp/feeding/removed him). Used this product twice already with success ...I think the key is catching ich early.

Sent from my Z740G using Tapatalk

Eddie79

Premium member
Thank you all for the help. I set up a 10 gallon QT with a power head, heater, air stone and some PVC piping for hiding. I am using cupramine. I only have the infected clown caught until I make sure I know what I'm doing regarding water changes and such. I will move the rest of the fish over after my first water change.

Thank you for all of your help!

Gav

Keep a close eye on the ammonia and nitrite and use a bacteria supplement to counter act the spikes. Slowly bring the copper to 0.6 over a few days time. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk