Please help with blue spot jawfish

Steve1986

I have a 125 reef . In it are 3 serpent starfish, will they harm or mess around with my newly introduced blue spot jawfish ? He was introduced 3 weeks ago and I see that the stars go into the caves that the jawfish makes and end up kicking him out.

epaulette2

i would assume your jawfish can hold his own against a serpent star. some stars will eat fish but i doubt you have a star that will eat fish do you know what kind of serpent stars they are? size might help too.

Steve1986

They are point to point around 7" , with the actual torso being around the size of a quarter. Here is a picture of what they look like

epaulette2

i cant see a picture. but i would assume that your jawfish should be just fine. stars just look for new dark places to hide before the lights come on generally. i would also say that as long as they are finding food at night they shouldnt try to catch your jawfish anyway its too much effort for them. i think your fish is safe unless your fish is sick or injured maybe then it would become more vulnerable and the starfish could catch it but the jawfish even then should escape the arms of the star.

ColorMeCorals

The stars add stress to the jaw fish and compete for food and dens.
They won't kill each other but the jawfish may have to keep relocating .
This is what I observed when I had both in the same tank. Others may have their opion I'm sure.

Steve1986

It does seem like they are stressing him out, cause they are going after the same den's, and I especially don't want him to be lunch ,so the stars are coming out today. Any of you guys interested in one? Free, as long as they go to a good home