Please Sign This Petition!

Captmrbles

So the common sentiment is...stop coral mining but it is okay for people to pick stuff off the reef for us to put in our tanks? This thought is reminiscent of a concept in psychology called cognitive dissonance.. aka it makes my head hurt thinking about it. The description is definitely against coral mining as wildisme said

Wildisme

So the common sentiment is...stop coral mining but it is okay for people to pick stuff off the reef for us to put in our tanks? This thought is reminiscent of a concept in psychology called cognitive dissonance.. aka it makes my head hurt thinking about it. The description is definitely against coral mining as wildisme said
We need more coral farming in the form of aquaculture. Domestic grow outs like Dr F&S have. Coral farms out there for the industry are selective corals, usually not whole reefs.

This airport wants to ruin an entire reef just to use it as fill to build onto. I can see how both are wrong. But at least we put the coral in a tank and care for it after.

BTW 80% of all coral farmed in the world are imported to us in the states. 95% of all live rock comes here too. US really needs to start some grants for local reefers to start some grow out aquaculture setups.