Poison Dart Frog

CoralPharmD

A while ago on marketplace there was someone selling corals and someone said that he also deals with poison dart frogs. A friend of mine at school is setting up a terrarium and has asked me to try and find out who it was and get some contact info. Any help is appreciated.

dohc97

I know jayjigga used to keep frogs, not sure if it was poison darts, you might want to ask him.

CoralPharmD

Ill see if I can get them for you.
The contact info? I just remember the seller was newer to chicago reefs but not new to reefing and someone said that he will have to "make a name for himself." Someone replied and said hes not new to reefing and its not the only thing he deals with and that hes also into poison dart frogs. I just cant seem to find the for sale thread....

jayjigga

A while ago on marketplace there was someone selling corals and someone said that he also deals with poison dart frogs. A friend of mine at school is setting up a terrarium and has asked me to try and find out who it was and get some contact info. Any help is appreciated.
Ykh may still have his trio of azureus.I kept pdf's for a couple years. Very cool for the work you have to put in. Let me see if my friend Pete is still breeding and I'll pm you soon either way. Otherwise, check out the allanimalexpo.com. It's in Wheaton and the next swap is Feb 2 (they had one today). They have a couple people selling pdf's.

If he wants to get a tank set up for sure, he'll want to get everything up a month or so prior to adding the frogs, almost like our cycling process. All this pdf talk is making me want to set up again, but I feel divorce papers coming with that thought :p

jayjigga

The contact info? I just remember the seller was newer to chicago reefs but not new to reefing and someone said that he will have to "make a name for himself." Someone replied and said hes not new to reefing and its not the only thing he deals with and that hes also into poison dart frogs. I just cant seem to find the for sale thread....
That silly person saying those silly things was me :)

Dragonfish

I'll have some Dendrobates Azureus available in a few months, in the mean time I have a bunch of contacts I can get you. Any specific breed you are looking for?

CoralPharmD

A friend from school that use to be into saltwater a year or so ago is going to set up a terrarium tank with pdfs so I can ask him what he is looking for. Thanks for your response.

CoralPharmD

I know nothing about pdf's but he did mention something like pumilio pdf's? Not sure if thats a type or actual species. If you can, pm some contact info of people if they are in the Chicago area and I will forward it on to him.

Ad900

or you could tell him to wait until march for the NARBC reptile and amphibian expo in tinley. they have everything there

jayjigga

I'm waiting for response, but otherwise, I think Todd will handle ya just dandy!

Todd, I didn't forget about ya...just been stupid busy.

Tethered_Limbs

Ykh may still have his trio of azureus.I kept pdf's for a couple years. Very cool for the work you have to put in. Let me see if my friend Pete is still breeding and I'll pm you soon either way. Otherwise, check out the allanimalexpo.com. It's in Wheaton and the next swap is Feb 2 (they had one today). They have a couple people selling pdf's.

If he wants to get a tank set up for sure, he'll want to get everything up a month or so prior to adding the frogs, almost like our cycling process. All this pdf talk is making me want to set up again, but I feel divorce papers coming with that thought :p
any links on doing this? frogs are awesome....

jayjigga

any links on doing this? frogs are awesome....
Idk how active the board is, but dendroboard.com. If you're gonna be in the neighborhood in the next couple months, we should all make a trip to Wheaton for the reptile swap. Allanimalexpo.com for the schedule. I can make Sundays for sure, but not Saturdays for while.

jrpark22000

Premium member
After finding a few links, is there a good book or single source I can read to understand how complicated frogs really are? The few places make is sound simple enough, but I don't need another complex hobby that is gonna compete with my time.