Poison Dart Frog

Dragonfish

Yes! Poison Dart Frogs (Complete Herp Care) - Sihler, Greg By: Amanda Sihler is considered the defacto guide to Dart Frogs. They are really easy to keep and I honestly don't pay a dime for their upkeep as you grow their food. One thing, don't expect to see them often. I have one of the more active frogs and they hide a lot of the time. That was one part that surprised me. Also it's fun to build their habitat and grow live plants. Thomas, PM incoming.

7Hogwarts

Premium member
I got to see a bunch of different ones in the wilds of Costa Rica a few years ago. WAY COOL! Yes, you can hold them, just don't have any open cuts that the frogs skin will come in contact. And like our reef systems washing your hands,etc with soap and water after handling is a smart thing to do.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I received and read all 3 books and have done hours of additional internet reading including dendroboard. Can anyone recommend a chicagoland (hopefully southland or NWI) vet who actually knows frogs? Dendroboard provided a link to herpvetconnection.com, but no actual vet recomendations.