poor tanks at animal krackers in merionette park

mr_z

went and as always their saltwater display tank was full of algae and so where their frag tanks :-( they seem to take care of their of the freshwater tanks more there are some really nice fish in some of the tanks and they are cheaper than other places all the time. some livestock is just screaming save me :-(

tarantula crab i think its called never seen one

poor coral banded shrimp 15 bucks might just have to save him

base rock they have i like it its pretty nice only 1.49 a pound and is very porous they dont always have this kind tho i got a 8 pound piece and split it into three pieces in that bin there is about 30-50lbs

SkunkerX

The only thing I ever got from there was this cool piece of live rock. and if you think those tanks were in poor shape go to capitol dog foods on 175th & Cicero "yes they have fish" those were the WORST tanks I've ever seen.

mr_z

The only thing I ever got from there was this cool piece of live rock. and if you think those tanks were in poor shape go to capitol dog foods on 175th & Cicero "yes they have fish" those were the WORST tanks I've ever seen.
nice piece man there is some cool pieces in the LR tank but theres hair algae in there and i dont wanna bring it back to my tank but they always seem to have different dry pieces every time i go and this time i think i saw the best pieces they really need to replace their bulbs tho they all look so weak

Smitty

Premium member
I totally agree with you rene...I know you've seen their saltwater display tank in the back with everything that can go wrong in a saltwater tank going on in there.

mr_z

I totally agree with you rene...I know you've seen their saltwater display tank in the back with everything that can go wrong in a saltwater tank going on in there.
yeah there is so much going on in there all kinds of algae :-( tear tear i tried telling the guy in the back to sell me some palys and zoas in the display tank and he said nothing int here could be sold. theres also a bunch of bubbles in there i dont think its bubble algae because bubble algae is green bubbles i think and these where clear and as i was leaving i told him that if they had cleaner tanks and better lighting theyd have more customers attracted to their saltwater department and he just gave me a dirty look. oh well what can we do. they keep their freshwater tanks really nice and the salt horrible poor things