potm ?

lunacris

what happened to picture of the month ? i know someone was made the eyecandy guy but hasnt been to active on here , are we doing these things anymore ?

Stingray

I agree, I've always enjoyed looking at some of the amazing tanks out there. Maybe someday even my own!

madjoe

Premium member
what happened to picture of the month ? i know someone was made the eyecandy guy but hasnt been to active on here , are we doing these things anymore ?
Lol honestly tell me a mod besides mai that is active on here

lunacris

part of my point , not a dis but just bringing it up . , thanks mike cant wait to see new category

madjoe

Premium member
I own a bowflex i dont use so whts the point of owning it besides i gotta clean it every once in while so it looks like i use it

mishmaster

Considering CR is for sale now, I kinda doubt there'll be any contests for a while...
Is Mr. EyeReef selling the site? Or what do you mean by that?

I am also on this site daily and I noticed things went downhill since the server crash.

We need to change that totm pic on our front page to something else a little bit better (its a nice tank, but damn, there are a lot of other nice tanks on this site so lets give them a chance (not my tank tho, mine needs work lol)), so lets let people know what this site is all about!

jrpark22000

Premium member
Well, that's interesting. The next person who runs the site could make it super awesome for everyone, or drive it straight into the ground in a glorious fiery blaze of destruction. Man I play too many video games.
Omaar, have you tried contributing to the community making it better since the crash? Try sharing you tank.

How about nomiating some of those great tanks. It can take pressure to get people to accept all the work.
http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?92-Nominate-the-next-Featured-Reef

Gunner

As someone relatively new to this site I am also wanting to see a new TOTM and would love to see a NTOTM and POTM section as well. It's really hard to check out other people's tanks on here, imo. I assume that is not on purpose. If there's a way to attribute photos from posts/build threads directly into member's photo section in their profile that should be introduced, I have never seen any photos in any member's profile, ever. People may not know how to add them, I know I don't. My point is, more pictures and easy access to others' pictures could greatly benefit this site.

jrpark22000

Premium member
As someone relatively new to this site I am also wanting to see a new TOTM.
I don’t disagree. While there are many tanks in chicagoland, convincing them theirs is worthy of TOTM and they should spend the effort writing up the article can be difficult. It's worth wild to nominate anyone's tank you admire. Either in the forum section or by PM to a mod.

and would love to see a NTOTM and POTM section as well. It's really hard to check out other people's tanks on here, imo. I assume that is not on purpose. If there's a way to attribute photos from posts/build threads directly into member's photo section in their profile that should be introduced, I have never seen any photos in any member's profile, ever. People may not know how to add them, I know I don't. My point is, more pictures and easy access to others' pictures could greatly benefit this site.
I don’t follow what you are saying, but the best place for suggestions is http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?28-Site-Bugs-Suggestion
If you post in there, it should give the new admin the best place to see the improvements.

Last edited:

lunacris

this thread is about picture of the month , where themes and contest entries can be changed to a bunch of different things since we are always adding to our reefs . however i will say since we are off topic already , that i nominated the current totm which if i remember correctly was actually made to be tank of the quarter due to the process it take the person to go thru and do a write up and well lets be honest if there were a tank of the month every month all active members would have it and thats not the point to show a nice tank , but to show a bit of appreciation to the tanks that stand out with the time and effort these "elite" reefers put into the hobby. anyways i hope to see all this come back as it was fun to see what others have since most (including me ) have not kept up with the build threads . and fwiw i dont think build threads are meant to get 100's of comments or any comment for that matter but it gives the community a chance to see what someone has and how it grows as the system matures . sure its nice to get a nice tank good job but dont be discouraged and keep updates coming, will help when you look back in 5 years and see all the things that change over time . .....rant over