Power head locations

madjoe

Premium member
Ok so who’s running a 180 6ft tank . What locations do you run your power heads. I have two mp40s and 2 mp10s the mp10s are on the back glass toward bottom mainly there because the fish seem to go and poop in the two front corners and with out them there the poop seems to just sit there. My mp40s are on sides facing each other about 3/4 way up the tank. I run them on the yellow mode what ever that is and at about half power still seems like alot of flow mainly on the rock kinda takes away few prime real estate spots before it blow skin off almost and corals just don’t seem to like it there . It does keep my sand clean though lol

#theMatrix

Joe. I suggest looking at getting a wxm for the Apex. Yellow seems good right? But the real fun starts when the modes Change through out the day.

I would send you my program just visualize what can be done.
But even the set program listed when they're a 3rd Ecotech is good. I change change the flow pattern every 2hrs and slave master each side pump so when ones high the others low. Also at some point in the day they all drop to low lagoon mode where they can get a break from all the flow.
At night I've played with one running but I stopped that because my red tail tamarin enjoyed going inside the mp40 wetside to pick at stuff.

As far as the pop sitting. Setting purple mode nutrient export picks up all sorts of detrious from the undertow and into the column for overflow skim