Power Outage

conchman

Premium member
Never had such a small tank, and as many corals. Power went out about hour ago went from 79.9 to 78.8. Any ideas on how to raise tank temp without power?

goatous

If you have a gas stove, boil some water and take some empty pop bottles and fill them with scalding hot water. Cap 'em off and float them tank.

Mark1313

Won't raise it, but covering with a blanket will stop it from dropping as fast.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

conchman

Premium member
Gonna cover it. Menards open until 9:00. May have to go get the propane, ah hell. I can fire up the grill. Once I said propane.

conchman

Premium member
Covered it. Hot water from grill slowly bringing it up or holding it. Up to 77.5. Comed says we will be down until 1:00am, so if anyone wants to post a stupid good sale on frags tonight, I will see it and hopefully snag it. Lost last nights awsome sale. On a bright note, I had to change the outlet where the 50 SCA will be going, so got that done while power was out...

conchman

Premium member
All,

Thank you for your help. Gas grill is working for now. Went up the street and bugged CEd. They say "shortly". Mr Charged, any recommendations on a small generator. After tonight, I will be picking one up.

98silverado

All,

Thank you for your help. Gas grill is working for now. Went up the street and bugged CEd. They say "shortly". Mr Charged, any recommendations on a small generator. After tonight, I will be picking one up.
Definitely get it next week Friday or Thursday. That's when I'm getting my new one for my house

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

trackfast

Princess Trainer
All,

I have a dual fuel one just for more options in an outage. At first I had a smaller one (4000w) but I upgraded one to almost run the whole house. A whole house standby generator with auto switch-over would be the best but I couldn't justify the cost for our situation.

What you can do is set a "Deal Alert" on SlickDeals.Net for a generator and they email you when a good deal is posted.

I am NOT affiliated with Slickdeals in ANY way. lol

Last edited: