power outtage,need generator or power inv.

Forfend

Bike pump + air stone can help

Also a drill with paint mixer.

Sorry can't offer any help with the generator or inverter. Getting hit pretty hard right now. Good luck and stay safe Gus.

ColaAddict

Bringin out the big spoon to manually stir my tank. Hope power comes back soon. People across the street from me have power :(

BADGUS

Well no power just yet.i did borrow a generator from my boss and have the tank running.comed is working on the power line that a tree took out.

Ms0099rg

The pole is down in back yard :( going to be a day or two before I get power. But I do have generator been running the tank an hour every three or four hours. Hope it will be ok.

Pufferpunk

Last night was a nightmare! What it did do what show what my Hubby is made of & how much he really loves me! Electricity went off 8:30 last night. Lost my 1st fish around midnight. Spent the rest of the night using a hand air pump & a pitcher to keep tanks aerated. Sat at the rental place at 6am, they opened at 7. Just as I got everything plugged into the generator, the electricity went back on. I think that fish was old...

I'm buying a generator. All the FW tanks seemed OK. I think it's because I have live plants in them. Every inch of the reef tank has O2-consuming life in there. Even the pods were struggling to breathe. Brittle stars were lined up along the rim.

I have to say, I have the best hubby in the word! He was up all night with me helping to keep everything alive. Even Kalvin followed me from room to room.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Last night was a nightmare! What it did do what show what my Hubby is made of & how much he really loves me! Electricity went off 8:30 last night. Lost my 1st fish around midnight. Spent the rest of the night using a hand air pump & a pitcher to keep tanks aerated. Sat at the rental place at 6am, they opened at 7. Just as I got everything plugged into the generator, the electricity went back on. I think that fish was old...

I'm buying a generator. All the FW tanks seemed OK. I think it's because I have live plants in them. Every inch of the reef tank has O2-consuming life in there. Even the pods were struggling to breathe. Brittle stars were lined up along the rim.

I have to say, I have the best hubby in the word! He was up all night with me helping to keep everything alive. Even Kalvin followed me from room to room.
THAT'S a good man! :the20man:

WeePee

that seems a bit ridiculous to lose a fish that quickly. very sorry for the loss.
why don't you just get yourself a nice mp40 with battery backup?

BADGUS

Jeni has no room in her fish tank for an MP-40,there's like 20g of water and 300lbs of rock.Maybe the fish WAS old,what fish died btw?

ColaAddict

49 hours encounting for my power being out. Then the Generator I bought from home depot yesterday broke and stopped working... WTF! Good thing a family member has one that I'm borrowing right now.

ColaAddict

It doesn't seem like I have lost any aquarium life so far, but my nitrates bumped up a little in my big tank from the power being off for 10hrs until I got a Gen. Today my neighbor told me that she was gonna come talk to us about turning off the generator because she couldn't sleep last night due to noise, so my wife had to explain to her that we wouldn't use a generator except we have aquariums that need it, hopefully she understood because we weren't gonna turn the Gen. off at night even if she requested ;)

Forfend

49 hours encounting for my power being out. Then the Generator I bought from home depot yesterday broke and stopped working... WTF! Good thing a family member has one that I'm borrowing right now.
Did you add oil? Take it back, you can't return for cash but store credit or a replacement.

ColaAddict

I replaced the oil after the first day. oil/gas/air filter, I checked everything, I don't know why it died. It started making funny noises, like higher RPM and sounded like it was puffing out air a few hrs before it died.

Ms0099rg

Still no power fish ok but coral are dying. Maybe because of no light. Should I run the lights today for few hours ?

jcarlilesiu

Still no power fish ok but coral are dying. Maybe because of no light. Should I run the lights today for few hours ?
Lights really shouldn't be an issue in just a few days.

Our light fixture died and we went without lights for 7+ days before our LED fixtures arrives with no ill effects for the coral. Soft, hard, and LPS.

The only problem was our anemone moving around the tank with a "who turned off the **** light" look.

Pufferpunk

Coral need flow, more than light. Are you getting flow to everything? Which ones are suffering? I find the fish go 1st.