Powerhead

jp_75

Hi Need some help again with my tank.This time I am looking for to buy new powerhead for 58 gallon Oceanic tank. Thought about Jebao but can't decide which model.Anything else? THX!!!!!

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Ecotech MP pumps is what I recommend. You would probably need two MP10s but you might be able to get away with one MP40. Mixed reef or mostly SPS?

jp_75

no sps... all lps,mushrooms some zoas.planning to have 5 fish total.
any other recommendations other than ecotech? quite expensive hehee

Mr. Thingdoer

I installed a Maxspect Gyre 130 on my 57G. It moves a huge amount of water. Other than the return line, it's the only flow device in the tank, and I don't see a need for another powerhead at the moment. It's awesome, and it was reasonably affordable.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Sorry; Ecotech is what I would recommend. Usually great customer service and the pumps are made very well. You should be able to find deals on used ones; reefers have upgraded to the QD series even though there was nothing wrong with their old ones.

wrasse

Go to Aquapros if you want new and affordable alternatives. If you want higher end or items even less expensive wait for somebody to post Used item for sale.

i have 2 jebao rw-4's on a 40 breeder, and its more than enough flow. lots of small tuning adjustments available on them. I have ran both of mine for over a year so far, and no issues.

ali3596

i've used jebao returns and powerheads (RW15 and PP15)- experience shows they don't last more than 6months. Sadly, I put my $20 Koralia back in the tank.

2cents- avoid Jebao if your looking for longterm