Prestige Gamma 36" T5/ Led Hybird

Will the tank mount work on a 48" tank?
Was sent here by a reef central member. I see that Gus sold the company and for being a new reefer(been in hobby 3 months) i really like these lights.
I'm runnning a bracless 120 3/4"(4'x2'x2') glass center overflow. I got an ATI 6 blub T5 with retro blue LEDS on it now. dual mp40.
Like to say Hi to the chicago forum as well. My home forum is WRS(www.wireefsociety.com)

Really want to try playing with LED levels. May be a killer at first but right now im stuck with a manual pot(its really just a resist that varies) so hard to know what levels im at! Will the tank mount work on my tank? i like hanging but wanted to try the tank mount for a bit to see if i like it.

MrDemonicAngel

I have the gamma 36 and a 90 gallon tank (4 ft). At first I tried using the included legs to mount it but it was VERY risky as it barely fit. Zportell was able to successfully able to mount it. I wouldn't. Just buy a wall bracket at lowes and hang it.

brettz16

I have the gamma 36 and a 90 gallon tank (4 ft). At first I tried using the included legs to mount it but it was VERY risky as it barely fit. Zportell was able to successfully able to mount it. I wouldn't. Just buy a wall bracket at lowes and hang it.
+10

MMreef

Welcome Don, I was the one that sent you here ( mark54321). I am sure you will get your answer here as there is few users of this light.

bennyblanco

Interesting! What wall bracket are you talking about?

bennyblanco

Will the tank mount work on a 48" tank?
Was sent here by a reef central member. I see that Gus sold the company and for being a new reefer(been in hobby 3 months) i really like these lights.
I'm runnning a bracless 120 3/4"(4'x2'x2') glass center overflow. I got an ATI 6 blub T5 with retro blue LEDS on it now. dual mp40.
Like to say Hi to the chicago forum as well. My home forum is WRS(www.wireefsociety.com)

Welcome! I grew up in Waukesha County.....Oconomowoc!

MrDemonicAngel

Very cool! I like that Idea! I would would love to hang my lights....feel like I'm not getting enough spread due to height.
B
another issue i saw with mounting on rim of tank was that it doesnt spread but there was a crazy disco effect....this will also show how its mounted on the rim....VERY unsafe (CLICK on the picture, it will show video)

brettz16

I know this doesn't show much, but i used the legs inside the canopy and screwed the bracket inside. then cut the legs so it sit right. i can slide the fixture left and right if i loosen the leg screws.

View attachment 12209

bennyblanco

another issue i saw with mounting on rim of tank was that it doesnt spread but there was a crazy disco effect....this will also show how its mounted on the rim....VERY unsafe (CLICK on the picture, it will show video)
I noticed the disco effect as well so dialed back the color channels way back to like 30%.