Pretty sure BTA ate my new clown......

Twitch

I just got a new clown from Gilbert on Sunday and I am 90% sure he got snagged up by one of my beasts. He was a 9mo old juvi and has never seen a nem before let alone the 5 10+ inchers I have and didnt have a slime coat built up. My fish (Anthia, firefish, and tailspot blenny) were fine with him all night and when I woke up they were all swimming together. One of the nems was kinda small when I got home from work and he has not been seen since. Really bummed he had an awesome picasso pattern on him.

Could something else have gotten him? My only problem with your nem theory is that Ive had clowns that have never seen a nem before and go right in and are fine.

edsbeaker

Is there a cover on your tank. I have lost multiple clowns from them jumping out. Just yesterday, I had my cover off while I was moving a coral, and right in front of my eyes one of my blackhawk picasso's went carpet surfing.

I guess anything is possible, but have never heard of a BTA eating a clown.

Last edited:

gg1111

my bali picasso was around the same age and hosted a rbta for the first time and he did get like burn marks all over his body but he was fine in a few days.he never left the nem during his acclimation. but i dunno about a clown getting eaten by a bta?

Twitch

Could something else have gotten him?
I dont have anything that could have gotten him. My tank is not that big there is only 3 rocks in there. One is the small island up front, one is the nem rock, and the other is the rock on the right. I can see around all sides of them even the back. I still have not found a body no bones or anything. I left for work at 7am and he was fine then by 11am he was gone.

Is there a cover on your tank.
No cover but no fish on the floor either...

my bali picasso was around the same age and hosted a rbta for the first time and he did get like burn marks all over his body but he was fine in a few days.he never left the nem during his acclimation. but i dunno about a clown getting eaten by a bta?
Its the only thing I can think of around 11 the wifey looked all over and only saw that one of the nems was closed up no body no pile of crabs anywhere.

Last edited: