Problem solve this. Who's fault. Pictures only.

Herbie

Banned
Silver Toyota at fault. Probably looking to the right to turn left and didn't realize the traffic on the left started to move. Failure to yield right of way?

jm23

+1 Silver Toyota. Failure to yield turning left. No stop sign for the Volvo, who has the right of way. I have seen a motorcycle do exactly what the toyota did, it didn't end as well for him.

Greg

Ill go with silver toyota also.
Cutting across 4 lanes of traffic to make a left turn near an intersection and a railroad crossing is just not safe at all. Double solid yellow lines means visibility hazard and to be extremely careful when turning over them. Failure to yield right of way.

tpboyce

While I agree that the silver car is mostly to blame, if there were two cars stacked in the left lane as the top picture depicts, the other car could be tagged with illegal lane usage. That said, I don't know that an officer would write it this way unless he were there, out there was strong witness accounts to the fact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

madjoe

Premium member
Well i actually had this happen and from what the police told me its silver toyota fault. Im my case i was silver toyota . Actually subaru impreza verses truck lets just say no more impreza and trip to hospital . The cop basicalky told me although the truck should of stopped they had the right of way . He did not write any tickets and r insurances handled it .

capysolo

While I agree that the silver car is mostly to blame, if there were two cars stacked in the left lane as the top picture depicts, the other car could be tagged with illegal lane usage. That said, I don't know that an officer would write it this way unless he were there, out there was strong witness accounts to the fact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Not true. As long as he didn't cross the yellow lines, he's fine. Looks like there's room enough to enter the turn lane without a problem.

Silver Toyota

m.miller1547

Okay guys. My girlfriend is looking to the right in the silver Toyota. However, the blue Volvo manuevered around the very narrow turn lane into oncoming traffic. We were stationary when she hit us. There was no tickets issued. Lol. She was in hysterics. She was screaming that her car was leaking gas then she told her eight year old that my girlfriend was a bad Mexican lady who can't drive. Oh. The 14 year old was late for an appointment. She was stomping and yelling at her mom. Lol. Mommy clearly didn't see us. I however saw her. Too bad no other witnesses stuck around. Lagrange police got all shitty with me when I told them she cut around to the lane. No tickets were issued. The insurance has taken partial responsibility.

If she would have obeyed proper lane usage this could have been avoided. I with my own eyes saw this women jam on her gas to get around these cars, but it happened so fast I was speechless. Really... did I just watch someone ram me.

Everyone is safe. I got to drive mine home. Bent up bumper. The Volvo was towed with damage to the hood, headlight, fender, and possibly engine. Her overflow container did poor onto the ground.

In the photo of the impact zone its pretty clear in my opinion that she hit us. The speed limit in that crazy part of Lagrange road is 25. There is 6 sets of nasty railroad tracks, narrow lanes and heavy traffic.

This happened at Lagrange and Ogden. Pulling out of the trader Joes. Ugh.

My best friend was run over by an f150 feet in front of me crossing a street with standing traffic. The man gunned it for left turn arrow. I watched him fly over twenty feet and observed him after he bounced off other cars. He survived with fractured skull and loss of hearing. We were out on a cross country run for school.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Dude it barely punched in the grill, but I guess at my size I'm probably less worried about sudden impacts than you. :D
LMAO!!! I been in 5 already... But I always have driven big cars vs these small toy cars..

Na, I see a kid in the picture...

m.miller1547

We barely felt the accident. That highlander is boss. My old jetta would have needed 3k+ to fix after a simple fender bender.

jrpark22000

Premium member
That sucks Matt. I have successfully argued with my insurance when a motorist hit me and the police did not side. I took lots of photos, submitted a similar diagram as you have above and after review allstate was good to me. Not only waiving my deductible, they did not count it as an accident on my premium.

m.miller1547

Please notice in picture two as well as Google earth photo that the left turn lane is narrow. If your one or two cars back its impossible to make legally. If your three or four cars its ridiculous to think you can maneuver into oncoming traffic to make a light.

m.miller1547

That sucks Matt. I have successfully argued with my insurance when a motorist hit me and the police did not side. I took lots of photos, submitted a similar diagram as you have above and after review allstate was good to me. Not only waiving my deductible, they did not count it as an accident on my premium.
I'm hoping progressive does something similar. My gf blew a yeild last year and totalled her car. We can't afford these mistakes.

That area is a mess to navigate since all those stores have opened. Everyone is in a hurry and can't see anything while trying to beat the trains. I would have fell out the car and gave the performance of my LIFE. You would swear every bone in my body was broke and they would have to carry me away in 5 stretchers. I'd have gotten PAID.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I would have said the silver car is at fault until seeing the last picture. It is clear that the blue car went out of her lane to make it into the turn lane. She was driving on the wrong side of the street. The silver car should not have to look to the left if cars shouldn't be coming from the left. That is the equivalent of looking up a one way street to make sure no traffic is coming the wrong way. Case solved: blue car is at fault.