PVC Skeleton for cement rock work

Forfend

Made a PVC skeleton to support the cement for my own rock structure. Dealing with this narrow tall tank finding natural rocks to even work with this tank would be near impossible. The valves are the tentative placement for the closed loop system, the middle blue one is going to be a drain with two returns on the side of the rock work.

Front View

Left Side

Right Side

Comments, suggestions or constructive criticism?

MMreef

looks good but don't you think this structure on right is to close to front glass? It will be PITA to clean around it. Just my suggestion.

Forfend

If I place directly on center I have 1" in front and 1" in back. I'm planning on making the cement flat and placing it on the back wall so I get about 1.5 - 2 in in the front. I agree it's not a lot and one strong concern I have I think the only way to be sure is complete it and see

MMreef

If you get couple of inches clearance you will be fine,just enough to get cleaner magnet between glass and rock.

scotty

hes gonna be scraping anything on the front by hand anyways, the magnets don't work well on that angle, i have a corner and even freshwater, useless floatmag.

i LOVE these half moons, I can't wait to see what you have planned.

are you going to cement around the pvc or put holes in the cement?

*edit* that does look really really close to the front though, you sure you can cover it effectively?

Forfend

Good call, the PVC laying sideways is a 1" PVC, definitely too close. I'm gonna cut off the back portion and try an uneven arch of sorts.