Question: 120W EverGrow Full Spectrum Dimmable LED from Ebay

wld1783

They will produce more than enough PAR.

That said consider the spectrum... Do SPS need all that Red Yellow and Green?

There is documented research that too much Red inhibit coral growth.

A little is good for colour.

Here is a chart of what the corals receive. Then choose a fixture that gives you the flexibility to add other colours at your discretion

Bill

Ajmal C

Hey, I have the same type but from a different company on ebay: supermart168. I have bought 4 lights and 3 are from them. They offer the some specifics and are a bit cheaper. I am not sure how quite the ones you posted are but mine are really quite considering they have 3 fans.

My SPS are growing beautifully, not to mention my other coral as well.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-120W-Dimmable-Full-Spectrum-Grow-Fish-Tank-Reef-Coral-LED-Aquarium-Light-/380986201856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b48c1700

They've been around for a while. Used to be about $140 for one when I first bought from them. I am about to get another one.

Let me know what you think.

edsbeaker

I just noticed that price is for TWO fixtures, not one. That is a sweet deal for Evergrow fixtures!

Last edited:

pusanpa

Thanks guys I decided to get them! I will be posting review on them later!!
Ajmal Thanks for the link I like the newest one better because it has the warm white as well as the greens.

Ajmal C

[MENTION=400]pusanpa[/MENTION] No probs, anything to help out. Didn't catch the difference in warmer whites. Thanks for letting me know. They both have the greens though.

Is warmer a bit better?

Ajmal C

I always thought cool white was the preference. Good to know warm whites are the way to go. The wealth of knowledge on here is amazing. Thanks again.

jUlitOc13

I have heard positive comments about these led lights im thinking on getting them how many u guys think I need for a 65g tank?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I have read that many reefer are much happier after replacing some of white to warm whites.
I always thought cool white was the preference. Good to know warm whites are the way to go. The wealth of knowledge on here is amazing. Thanks again.
These lights are a ton of bang for the buck. I have two IT2060's over my tank, and I really like them. If I were going to do it all over again, I'd buy three of these for $80 each. I could easily get by without sunrise/sunset.

Regarding the color, it is fairly easy to swap out the LEDs. I swapped out a bunch of my whites for blues and I had never used a soldering iron before. It was easy. Let me know if you want help if you decide to switch then out.

Spartanman22

I am looking at one of these for my DT I just can't decide between this or the OR T247. Would you mind giving some impressions of the fixture both function and aesthetics (I would be hanging mine over a rimless tank). Thanks!

Ajmal C

These lights are a ton of bang for the buck. I have two IT2060's over my tank, and I really like them. If I were going to do it all over again, I'd buy three of these for $80 each. I could easily get by without sunrise/sunset.

Regarding the color, it is fairly easy to swap out the LEDs. I swapped out a bunch of my whites for blues and I had never used a soldering iron before. It was easy. Let me know if you want help if you decide to switch then out.
I'm too afraid I'll mess up the connection to even consider soldering. The lights I've been using seem to work well on my coral.

But I'm glad to know that I can turn to you for some direction, Mamy switch out some of the higher K LED's. Is there some rewiring involved?

maidia

Team CR
I'm too afraid I'll mess up the connection to even consider soldering. The lights I've been using seem to work well on my coral.

But I'm glad to know that I can turn to you for some direction, Mamy switch out some of the higher K LED's. Is there some rewiring involved?
No rewire involve..just solder it..then done and make sure + and - in corect position.