question about a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanjan11

Kind of confused... can anyone shed some light on why the Sexy Chalice growout thread would be locked and closed? and even more strange...why posts from yesterday was erased...

Saledo

Which means Ryan you can certainly start a new thread and reference it. I find the removal of posts shady FYI.

Smitty

Premium member
Agreed...ask Eric why he requested it, that way we can avoid any speculations and negativity.

ColaAddict

Im assuming Eric doesnt want the thread to turn into a bashing of sexycorals, because he has to maintain good relations between sexycorals and WCR

ryanjan11

pm to eric sent... that's what i was gonna try to post today that it was not all on Sexycorals...it was weird that it seemed to have been put all on them...the two chalices were very small and I understand that's probably why we had little chance...but the Dynamite was doing really well. It was actually about to get cut up... I think 5+ heads from what I remember from Eric. But I guess he went on vacation and the person he put in charge was...well, lets just say, did not do so well...from what I gather, his tank crashed and the chalice is kaput...well, almost.

I'm frustrated that I only heard about this yesterday (i'm part of the group buy). Three weeks no notification. Don't get it.

Smitty

Premium member
Well, I'm sorry to hear that, I don't think none of us knew...but give him a chance to make it right. Let's try to not jump the gun and start bashing anyone. :)

poidog

Nino is correct. Thread was closed to prevent bashing of any kind of vendor, participants, etc. Things on here runaway really fast, and it was to prevent that. We have all stated our opinions and have come to a consensus via email with the group. I would request that this thread not turn into that as well, and closed if need be.

Participants were to be informed via email regarding the Sexy grow out, in which everyone was kept informed and photos were supplied on a regular basis. Information of the grow out was for the participants only. Public posts on it was only out of courtesy for those curious on how it was doing.

Ryan, full information and notification was given to you and all participants and you have been in direct email correspondence with me, as well as all others.

Yes, out of the multiple tanks here, one did experience a mini crash while I was away, and that one was holding the grow out frags. Although the frag is not lost entirely, it was not doing well and hence then an update to all participates went out with photographs and suggestions on how to proceed. 2 other participants came over to visually see and agreed on the situation.

Ryan, I understand your frustration, we all are. Not only you, but I and all of the participants feel the lost. This is unfortunately the risk you take with group grow outs. As said before, all is not lost yet, and the frag may rebound. If that is the case, like I have said before, anyone else can come take it and grow it out in their tank if agreed on by the group.

The above is nothing new than what has already been discussed via email. Anything else please email the frag group (not everyone in the group checks CR regularly).

ryanjan11

I'm only responding on this thread and not pm/or email regarding your last post because you make it seem like I'm out of line for posting my concerns since as you say

"full information and notification was given to you and all participants and you have been in direct email correspondence with me, as well as all others."

" it was not doing well and hence then an update to all participates went out with photographs and suggestions on how to proceed. 2 other participants came over to visually see and agreed on the situation. "

I did not get any information from you until Friday night (time stamp on the email was 11:53 pm). That was the ONLY notification I received from you. As you say you've been back for 3 weeks. A simple email would have taken you 5 minutes. You said that 2 grow-out members came over to check it out....you had time to notify them.

I understand the risk of the group buys. I accept the risks of a group buy. I'm not too sure however I accept the consequences of the results brought on by bad decisions made by the grower. You had someone come over who was (as this situation proves) not so trust worthy, or even, a very good friend. For if he lied to you about going to your place and checking out your tank while your away, then how good of a friend was that person in the first place. And for you to say he's no longer your friend...if you are easy to drop him out of your life because of this, then how good was your friendship in the first place??

Food for thought: If I was the grower and I left for a vacation and put my little nephew in charge and things get all jacked up because of that decision then are you to say that all investors in the grow out are just to grin and bare it? No fault should come to me for my decision?

I think complications like this should be aired out on the forum so that other people can read and learn and improve group buys...

rosko23

Ok the tank sitter thing should be left alone. Just an FYI. We don't need to open up a can of worms for anything else. IMO.

Ryan. Send the group an email. I responded via email.

This thread will more Then likely be deleted if it continues down the path it's going.

poidog

I did not get any information from you until Friday night (time stamp on the email was 11:53 pm). That was the ONLY notification I received from you. As you say you've been back for 3 weeks. A simple email would have taken you 5 minutes. You said that 2 grow-out members came over to check it out....you had time to notify them.
Many corals showed no signs of stress of the crash immediately after, some did and declined instantly, some started to show stress a week later and then recovered, some started to show stress weeks after the crash (as I still have some dying out of thin air). There was no need to update everyone until we knew which direction this coral was going... which was documented with photos and set to everyone as what the situation was.

You had someone come over who was (as this situation proves) not so trust worthy, or even, a very good friend. For if he lied to you about going to your place and checking out your tank while your away, then how good of a friend was that person in the first place. And for you to say he's no longer your friend...if you are easy to drop him out of your life because of this, then how good was your friendship in the first place??
You do not know anything about my personal life and this is a personal matter. Period. It was disclosed to you the person was a fellow reefer on this board, a friend, and someone who lives in close vicinity of me.

This is exactly the reason the other thread was closed and the last I will comment on it. You are more than welcome to come by and pick up the frag to grow out if okay by the others.

ryanjan11

Ok the tank sitter thing should be left alone. Just an FYI. We don't need to open up a can of worms for anything else. IMO.

Ryan. Send the group an email. I responded via email.

This thread will more Then likely be deleted if it continues down the path it's going.
Hey Jorge, responded to your email...
I don't really see anything inappropriate being posted? Could you or someone please tell me what so far would warrant the deletion of this thread?

dohc97

Ryan, this is not my growout but seeing as you have posted this in the lounge as a public thread i will say this: I dont agree with people asking for this type of thread to be removed, if one of the participants of the buy wants to talk about it in public why not? So far nothing looks out of line, people are going back and forth and there is no bashing that i see. Problems should be resolved, its your choice as to how to go about it. i wont state an opinion of the actual issue because im not informed as to specifics so i will leave that to you guys.

ryanjan11

Many corals showed no signs of stress of the crash immediately after, some did and declined instantly, some started to show stress a week later and then recovered, some started to show stress weeks after the crash (as I still have some dying out of thin air). There was no need to update everyone until we knew which direction this coral was going... which was documented with photos and set to everyone as what the situation was.
You sent a photo on Friday documenting the chalice three weeks ago and it shows clear signs of stress (receded to almost a third of its size)...to me thats pretty substantial. You make it seem that you have to notify a lot of people...there's 5 in the growout...and you notified (to your statement) 2 other members...that leaves me and 1 more person...not sure if you notified him but definitely did not notify me until Friday.

I am not here to attack your personal life. I can't go through your emails and decide what's ok to post or not...you made no mention of keeping this information private. I'm not even attacking you as a person. I'm sure you're a great guy, and this forum proves you have lots of friends and respect from the community.

All I want are answers to my questions...which yet have not been answered.

rosko23

You sent a photo on Friday documenting the chalice three weeks ago and it shows clear signs of stress (receded to almost a third of its size)...to me thats pretty substantial. You make it seem that you have to notify a lot of people...there's 5 in the growout...and you notified (to your statement) 2 other members...that leaves me and 1 more person...not sure if you notified him but definitely did not notify me until Friday.

I am not here to attack your personal life. I can't go through your emails and decide what's ok to post or not...you made no mention of keeping this information private. I'm not even attacking you as a person. I'm sure you're a great guy, and this forum proves you have lots of friends and respect from the community.

What's ur ? Ryan? What hasn't been answered? U said u posted this bc u ha a ? About why thread was closed. You received an answer for that. Now u keep talking about the growout which was never discussed on CR. not one update. All was via email.

poidog

All of your questions have been answered multiple times by not only me but others in the group. What no ones gets is your public bashing and barred after everyone has responded to you via email. Out if the 5 participates only you are reacting in this way.

Saledo

For the record I find it disconcerting that the threat to close a thread that was not started by you Eric. This is not on your sponsor account, your personal account should have no more pull than anyone else. I dont see anything in this thread that violates TOS, so you can either choose to ignore it or respond but threats to have it closed is BS as it is not your thread.

Growouts are by nature a risky thing as anyone who has seen the threads have seen it turned. I'm not making any judgement on who was in the wrong or right, only that if the OP wants to post it he should be able to.

Jep21

I thnk the person that was growing the grow out frag should have made a better decision on what to do regarding the frag.. I understand that the grower was going on vacation for an extended amount of time.. It would have probably been better if the frag went to one of the members of the growout.. And then returned to the grower after the vacation.. I just thnk that the grower should have made a better decision b4 risking the growout and should have consulted with the group on what to do.. Now the health of the frag is compromised and wether or not it will bounce back is unknown... Just my imo

Status
Not open for further replies.