Question about T5 bulb combo for sunrise/sunset

Vapour1ze

Hi all, so as some of you may know I am switching to ATI SunPower T5 8 bulb.

I need way more PAR and coverage and my one radion g3 pro is not cutting it at all with the wide angle kit.

So, I'm switching.

Long story short, what is the best 2 bulbs I can run on channel two for sunrise sunset?

This is my combo right now:

-Blue Plus
-Blue Plus
-Purple Plus
-Blue Plus
-Coral Plus
-Blue Plus
-Purple Plus
-Blue Plus

Any tips would be appreciated.

I did NOT buy a actnic bulb. I see a lot of people not use them since these bulbs pop color enough.

Curious though for what two bulbs to run my first channel before going all 8 bulbs on, what woudl be best?

Thanks!

ColaAddict

I did not like actinic bulbs. They just turn everything green. For sunrise, the blue bulbs are your best choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reefer

A lot of ppl like a sunset and sunrise with a blue and purple plus. Suppose to make it look a bit more natural. I want to try it but with the 6 bulb. But I'm not sure if moving the purple plus will effect the way the tank looks now

ColaAddict

Eventually, u want to get reefbrites, if u gave the sunpower. They fit perfectly on the front and back of fixture and u get tge great blue LED for sunrise/set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cet98

everyone has their own experiences with different lamp color combos....it is more about individual taste than a science...
I run (3) B+, (1) UV (03), (1) P+ and (1) KZ New Gen on my Dimmable 6bulb and I enjoy a good color blend as well a fluorescence, which I did not experience without a UV lamp...

I have the B+ and UV on channel 2 which gives me my initial dusk to dawn and the P+ and KZ are on channel 1 for my daylight...I keep a 10 hour photo period which includes a 4 hour period of maximum lighting (80% daylight/100% blue)

Tank2379

My 8 bulb color combo is
Blue plus
Blue plus
Blue plus
UVL actinic white
Blue plus
Blue plus special
Blue plus
Blue plus