Questions regarding BTA

Jep21

Just wanna say sorry if im asking a lot of questions.. Just wanna make sure bta is doing ok and that im doing the right thing to take care of it.. Its my first nem thats why..

Jep21

is this the deflating or the releasing of waste for the nem.. it just got me worried when i got home and saw the nem like this..

Jep21

here is when hes eating freeze dried krill.. and heres pics when the lights are off..

jcarlilesiu

Its normal to inflate and deflate like that. Its mouth will often indicate an issue. If you see the mouth open for long periods of time then I would get concerned.

Jep21

Its normal to inflate and deflate like that. Its mouth will often indicate an issue. If you see the mouth open for long periods of time then I would get concerned.
oh ok.. It just got me worried is all.. It only opened its mouth for like a second or two and then closed back up again..

Keep asking questions.....I think half of what I have learned for my own tank has been from reading the answers to others questions....things I should have asked but wasn't smart enough to ask.

SkullV

Keep asking questions.....I think half of what I have learned for my own tank has been from reading the answers to others questions....things I should have asked but wasn't smart enough to ask.
+ 1000000000000000000 and make sure to do some of your own research on the info you get too!

Anemones will inflate and deflate periodically because they are doing their own version of a water change. They are purging the water inside of them and filling it up with fresh water from the rest of the tank. If this happens every once in a while its fine, if it is happening daily or multiple times a day it indicates that the anemone doesn't like something about the water it is filling up with or it is having an internal issue that it wants to expel.

Tethered_Limbs

+ 1000000000000000000 and make sure to do some of your own research on the info you get too!

Anemones will inflate and deflate periodically because they are doing their own version of a water change. They are purging the water inside of them and filling it up with fresh water from the rest of the tank. If this happens every once in a while its fine, if it is happening daily or multiple times a day it indicates that the anemone doesn't like something about the water it is filling up with or it is having an internal issue that it wants to expel.
^^^ this

Jep21

will do thanks everyone..

Jep21

all seems normal. next time try n get a look at the waste. help tell if its good or bad.... but seems fine
well yesterday.. i just saw something float like a ball of pink mush.... probably all the freeze dried i was giving it.. wasnt able to get a picture but will take one if i see it again..

Jep21

thanks ted.. its done it about once so far i thnk.. yeah i've been reading up and doing some reasearch on the nem.. so much info and so much different types of nems..

Jep21

Was wondering.. what do u guys thnk about putting a frogfish in the same tank as a nem?

SkullV

With a BTA it will be no problem. You clowns (if you have them) will likely be goners though.