r33fswagg3r's DSA 105

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
This will be my first reef tank with an actual sump. Most of my experience in reefing over the last 2 years has been with Innovative Marine AIO Fusion tanks. I'm excited yet trying to be as patient as possible. Always open to advice from more knowledgeable and experienced reefers.

Green will denote items purchased.
Red will denote items yet to be purchased.

DSA Neo 105 Pro X
DSA Neo Stand X
Kessil A360WE Tunas w/ Goosenecks and Dropdowns X
Kessil Spectral Controller X
Maxspect Gyre X150 X
Trigger Systems Tideline 36 - X
MarinePure Spheres, 2 Gallons X
Lifereef SVS3-24 Protein Skimmer X
Sicce Syncra 4.0 for Protein Skimmer X
Sicce Syncra 4.0 for Return Pump X
Aquatop 800W Titanium Heater w/ DDC 800 Controller X
Autoaqua Smart ATO X
BRS 6 Stage RODI X
Custom SW/RODI Mixing Station X
Apex with Lab Grade pH Probe X

View attachment 6573

View attachment 6574

View attachment 6575

Last edited:

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
I bought my tank and stand from Mario @ Aquatica. He keeps them in stock. He keeps IM Fusion tanks in stock as well. He is an hour from me one way but I'm loyal to him because of his incredible customer service and dedication to putting the customer first, he has gone above and beyond for me on numerous occasions.

I buy almost all of my corals from Rich @ Insane Coral because of his amazing collection, knowledge of corals, and his quality. If there was ever anything in particular I wanted I know he can get it for me. Rich is another person who goes above and beyond to make his customers happy even though at times I may accidently mistext him when meaning to send that same text to someone else, lol.

Very nice tank, I love Neo tank..
May I ask where you buy the tank?
Thanks for sharing.

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
I'm gonna run the spheres in the sump to make up for the lack of rock in the DT and the experience I have of running the spheres in just about every tanked I have owned. I have a picture floating around on Nano Reef of my Fusion 30L where I used the Marinepure Plates on the bottom of the tank and surrounded by sand. Great product.

Dude looks sweet...how you setting up the Marine Pure Spheres ?

maidia

Team CR
I bought my tank and stand from Mario @ Aquatica. He keeps them in stock. He keeps IM Fusion tanks in stock as well. He is an hour from me one way but I'm loyal to him because of his incredible customer service and dedication to putting the customer first, he has gone above and beyond for me on numerous occasions.

I buy almost all of my corals from Rich @ Insane Coral because of his amazing collection, knowledge of corals, and his quality. If there was ever anything in particular I wanted I know he can get it for me. Rich is another person who goes above and beyond to make his customers happy even though at times I may accidently mistext him when meaning to send that same text to someone else, lol.
Thanks for the answer..I may hit up Mario (1 hour for me too) later..I love that tank...I just check Aquacave has it but not in stock...need to order.

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
Mario has the DSA 105 in stock, I believe he has the DSA 65 Neo Pro in stock, and he has custom ones he had DSA make for him that are like 54 or 57 gallons with matching stands that have glass doors.

Thanks for the answer..I may hit up Mario (1 hour for me too) later..I love that tank...I just check Aquacave has it but not in stock...need to order.

maidia

Team CR
Mario has the DSA 105 in stock, I believe he has the DSA 65 Neo Pro in stock, and he has custom ones he had DSA make for him that are like 54 or 57 gallons with matching stands that have glass doors.
Wow, I have to check out Mario sooner.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Very nice and apparent well though out build, you have me looking forward to the finish! What is the stocking plan for corals?

98silverado

Mario is great. Was just there last night. He was busy as can be but everyone got the attention needed and no questions went unanswered. But yes this is a gorgeous tank.

adam87

I ordered it from Garrett @ FragtasticReef.com. Just be forewarned, the Tideline 48's require pallet shipping so you are looking at freight charges.
That sucks, i'll go with ZeroEdge sump then. Thank you for the info.

Last edited:

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
The stocking list is still in the beginning stages, lol. I do know for certain I want atleast 3 different growth areas of Orange Passion. Beyond that I'm thinking offset/compliment of colors with Hawkins, Tierra De Fuego, Garf, maybe Shades of Fall and Strawberry Shortcake, many others as well, I still need to go over the color combinations and color compliments to make it a pleasing seascape. I love zoas and polyps but I'm very selective when it comes to them, I've had Original Vampires and Seductions if that gives you any ideas as to where that's headed, lol. I'm all about BTA's but I'm saving that for another crazy build I will be doing after this one.

Very nice and apparent well though out build, you have me looking forward to the finish! What is the stocking plan for corals?

100LL

Did you buy the Ace Roto-Mold water tanks locally? If so, where. I have one and I've been looking for another. :)

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
I ordered it thru a local company who had it drop shipped straight from the factory. I had to pay freight on both.

Did you buy the Ace Roto-Mold water tanks locally? If so, where. I have one and I've been looking for another. :)