r33fswagg3r's r3d s3a

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
I built a divider into the reactor side because the back of the stand is open behind it that way I could mount the new Apex to the back of it. I have access to the back of my stand luckily, don't really need to see the Apex, just an ipad. The Vectra and MP40 controllers drop straight down into the electrical Apex backside.

Side note, I was one of the unlucky ones and got one of the new Apex's that had a faulty SD card so when I went to do the AoS update it locked up the entire Apex. Neptune is sending me out a new one this week.

Spartanman22

Well it's about time! Very nice looking, I'm anxious to see how the A.R.I.D. does for you. That may be a toy I add on down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
Well it's about time! Very nice looking, I'm anxious to see how the A.R.I.D. does for you. That may be a toy I add on down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, thanks! Yeah I'm anxious to see how it will perform as well. They sent bottles of stuff with it because supposedly you will need to dose nutrients because it really does its job.

Irsug1

Premium member
One more question, what's that box on your drain pipe above the socks? Looks like it says wild sea on it.

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
I have to do some wiring cleanup so please forgive the mess, lol. Red Sea sends an ato fill tank that sits over the filter socks, that was not gonna happen so I had a piece of glass cut that sits on the same supports to minimize any potential splashing or salt spray.

View attachment 17904

I'm using the Autoaqua Smart ATO Micro this go around, I usually use the full size. You can see the feed coming in from the back of the tank. Marinepure spheres in baffle and a block in the skimmer chamber. Decided to try out a Reef Octopus skimmer this go around, time will tell if it gets my approval.

View attachment 17905