RBTA help

Jason7181

This is my first anemone and I got a RBTA 5 days ago and it is hiding under a a ledge. It moved from the original spot I put him. Is this normal for it to hide?

Salinity 1.025
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
Ammonia 0
Calcium 440
PH 8.4

Cree LED lighting came with tank when I bought it used.

reefGoliath

I wouldn't sweat it too much. They do have tendency to move around. Mine planted its' foot under a ledge and then came out.

lunacris

i agree when i put mine in my tank with 8 54 watt t5 on a 75 it found a hole in my rock and opened upside down then moved slightly over a few months to face up but wasnt out in open mine is very healthy eats when ever i feed it and is growing dont worry bubbles is usually sign its happy

lunacris

oh and dont try moving it which im sure u already know it will end up where it wants not where u want it

PaPaBear

I've had good luck getting them to attach to a PVC pipe cut in half.
They seem to like being place between rocks with a bit of an overhang for some shade.

ColaAddict

+1 on leaving them alone. I have 3 BTA's in my tank and sometimes 1 of them would just hide under a rock and not come out for half a day. They will move when it suites them.

ashtree68

As everyone else said don't worry too much if its not happy, it'll move and go somewhere else. Mine put its foot into the middle of a rock facing down and then stretched under and over and up. Hasn't moved in ages and is healthy and happy.

xtlosx

What lights did the RBTA come from, and what lights do you have now? When I got my GBTA, it had a long shipping time, and was under crappy PC lights at the LFS.... I brought it home and submersed it in my LEDs, and it hid on the back of my rock work for almost 2.5 weeks... The GBTA moved to the front now and is happy...

Give it time, don't move it, like everyone else said, they'll shrink to nothing, go through crevices, and move as they feel.

Jason7181

The tank has been running since 9/5/10. Also it has brown slime coming from its mouth. This is the second time in a week.

ColaAddict

hmm... don't know if that brown slime is a bad thing. good luck. hope someone can help you out. Is it eating atleast?