RC banning

Status
Not open for further replies.

epaulette2

i was on RC yesterday basically to raise some hell. i have had too many problems with the mods. i got a warning then an infraction in the same day for trying to sell without being a member long enough. after that i stayed a way for a while to get off the radar. i got back on after hearing a few complaints from people on CR. i went on made a few posts. a few of which were just poking fun i guess but anyway i wanted to see if anyone was bashing me yet. so i went back and i got a pop up saying i had another infraction. dont really know what exactly caused the infraction because i couldnt get to it. i thinnk because im banned. i think that RC is absolutley stupid for banning people. it makes sense if someone is totally chewing someones butt but when i was not being rude to anyone i ended up getting banned. i believe i did anyway. i cant get on it. but who cares Chicagoreefs is way better for me because i live here not on RC. i wish everyone in chicago was on this forum not rc. anyone else been banned for stupid reasons?

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I don't like your post on this forum! You're banned from here now! LOL I've gotten a few infractions on RC but it really doesn't matter. I'm here for the most part and I enjoy this forum more. :)

epaulette2

you know you kinda scared me when you said i was banned. then i sow the LOL. lol. i think i got banned but i honestly dont care.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Just hang out here; it's friendlier IMO. A lot of people on here are also on RC. If you're looking to buy or trade, you'll find the same deals here and there usually. :)

SkullV

You repeatedly broke a sales rule after being warned by multiple mods in public and apparently in private as well. It's really time we start mending that bridge between RC and CR not burning it more. It's a COMPLETLY different place and would really be a great outlet for Chicago reefs being that this is an entirely local forum.

No one gets banned just for the fun of it.

I have spoken with a few of the moderators over there about this.

I really think that this and ALL other RC bashing threads should be deleted.

fastrc

You all are just mean to think they would ban you for no reason but to be total control freak useless trash! Oh they banned me for no real reason too! lol

fastrc

I got banned for being a mod on here and that was the only reason period. The mods there are total control freaks that will ban if anyone doesn't suck up to them 100% and thats the truth.
You repeatedly broke a sales rule after being warned by multiple mods in public and apparently in private as well. It's really time we start mending that bridge between RC and CR not burning it more. It's a COMPLETLY different place and would really be a great outlet for Chicago reefs being that this is an entirely local forum.

No one gets banned just for the fun of it.

I have spoken with a few of the moderators over there about this.

SkullV

I got banned for being a mod on here and that was the only reason period. The mods there are total control freaks that will ban if anyone doesn't suck up to them 100% and thats the truth.
I don't know the reason you got banned over there but I do know at there are mods on this site who are still active members on that site.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of every other web site on the Internet. But it really is better for the Chicagoland reefing community in the long run for these types of threads not to exist.

fastrc

Because after there power struggle they decided not to drag more people away from there site and stopped. They were 100% wrong for banning me and they know it but since they are cowards they won't take back what they know wasn't right!

Tank2379

Forums are all the same no site is better than another- you still have to follow the rules and thats the honest truth..

fastrc

I have seen were people say they did nothing and got banned only to find out they were 100% wrong on there part for what they did. I know that some bans are justified but some aren't and when mods don't listen to other people that were banned unjustly it can't be repaired!

ColaAddict

i like the 50/90 rule. keeps shady vendors out until we get a feel for them.
Not really, coz you can just write 50 whatever posts and just ignore the forum for 90 days. That doesn't make you a legitimate or trustworthy seller. RC has it's advantages being a much broader resource as far as asking questions, but I've googled any of my questions and were able to research any answer I want. You can still research RC even if youre banned. Locally, I like CR better, as I have found it's more open and friendly here and you have more freedom of speech.

FishBeard

Everyone makes valid points on the subject, but when it comes down to it, what you were doing there isn't justified. You broke rules set in place then lash out for the mods doing their job. They didn't ban you until you came back and stirred the pot some more for your own amusement. RC hosts a wealth of knowledge that as said before is available to all. Not being a member all you lose are buy/sell access. Just make friends with someone that is on RC and let them help you with that feature. I don't see RC did anything wrong to ban you if you were unable to play nice.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of every other web site on the Internet. But it really is better for the Chicagoland reefing community in the long run for these types of threads not to exist.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and one of the things that draw people to CR is the ability to freely express their opinions (assuming the rules of civility are followed.)

Censoring peoples opinions goes against the foundation of CR and even though I personally feel that publicly bashing RC can only cause more harm than good, I will not be the one to delete the threads.

Greg

They made a mistake in giving me an infraction worth 4 points. 5 is ban. They admitted they made a mistake and i should be at 0/5 infractions, but i am going to be permabanned for argueing my case. Smart mods huh?

I guess horrible reasons are still reasons.

I lol and came here.

Sharing our experiences should not be removed from the forum...

fastrc

Yes i know that's why they banned me. They (dino) tried to say i was a commercial seller but i only tried to sell a skimmer all the time is was on there. They didn't like me because i bought alot (because i was stocking and setting up a new tank) I explained it to him and gave him or any mod on there free reins to come look at my tanks but he already made his mind up that if i was part of starting a new BETTER forum for Chicago that he was going to ban me. I NEVER said anything to him or bash him there i said he was childish and 1 sided here on our forum and him or his spies told him and he said i was there bashing him. I email him and told him i never said anything bad about any of them there and free speech is aloud on other forums but he cried/pouted and banned me forever because he wasn't man enough to deal with his failed issue!

I just logged in to see if I still can, and I could. Are you sure that's why they banned you?

Status
Not open for further replies.