Reactor

98silverado

Thinking about adding a reactor to my tank. Was looking at the two little fishies phosban 150. What are your opinions? And would it be to much on my 30 gallon? If so what other reactor could I go with?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

98silverado

Well I'm reading 0 phosphate but my algae grows like crazy. Pulling it out every week in the same spots. My clean up crew won't touch it and neither will my blenny. So I was thinking maybe a reactor will help out. I run gfo and carbon in media bags now but I feel like it isn't doing what I need it too

#theMatrix

Whats your photo period ? Maybe shorten by an hr?

Algae scrubber an option for you? Sump?

I ran phosguard in socks..worked great. Till i had to clean my glass daily...then my fish wanted more feedings. Feed heavy...so i run the reactor. Using brs gfo really clears up the water i maybe clean the glass once every2 weeks. And thats because im anal and theres maybe a 1 square in spot that has build up on the front glass

Last edited:

98silverado

I'm using brs gfo. Can't run a sump since thank is a JBJ 30 all in one unit. Algae scrubber isn't really an option without seeing it in the tank. Light cycle is max of 8 hours. I have tried shortening and it didn't make any difference.

#theMatrix

Brs gfo really works well with water flow really slow. Opposite of phosguard needs lots of fast flow to my knowledge.

If your running in a sock on a drain overflow area. Your granules are probably getting worn out quick...replacing weekly?

98silverado

See I was told I should replace it every other water change. I do my water changes every 3 weeks. So I change carbon every water change and gfo every other. And it is in my media basket. I was just thinking the reactor because it's on sale for like 55 with a maxijet

#theMatrix

See I was told I should replace it every other water change. I do my water changes every 3 weeks. So I change carbon every water change and gfo every other. And it is in my media basket. I was just thinking the reactor because it's on sale for like 55 with a maxijet

Its worth it anyway...could been less with cyber monday deals.
Dont snooze. The reactor works wonders

Mjl714

I've been there, zero phosphates with Salifert, but some gha. Added Brs reactor, with a little gfo and carbon, change monthly, no more gha. Works great, and very easy to maintain. Try it you'll like it we worth the cost.