Recommended 2-part dosers?

ReefFanatic

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a doser that would work well for my nano. Up until now I have hand-dosed but would like to get something a little more automated. I do not have an aquarium controller so a stand alone doser would be ideal. Price is not the biggest issue, but I would like something that is reliable and priced competitively.

Any recommendations?

beetlenut33

Premium member
The Jebao DP-4 is really popular because the pricing is very competitive. You can find a 4 channel doser for ~$67.

If you have more cash to burn, you can pick up the Aqua Medic Reefdoser EVO 4 Dosing Pump for $200.

I recently picked up the DP-4 but have not set it up yet.

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a doser that would work well for my nano. Up until now I have hand-dosed but would like to get something a little more automated. I do not have an aquarium controller so a stand alone doser would be ideal. Price is not the biggest issue, but I would like something that is reliable and priced competitively.

Any recommendations?

goatous

I also went with the DP-4, namely because of price, $60 delivered from Amazon.
Calibrates easily and after ~9 months still working fine.
I dose Alk and Cal in equal volumes and after 1 L dosed, both reservoirs are at the same mark, so no complaints for consistency/accuracy.
It’s quiet but I can still hear it when it runs, which I prefer to keep tabs on it.

ReefFanatic

Thanks for the responses!

I did see the jebao DP-1 and I am definitely considering it. What are your thoughts on buying a used doser? Also, any thoughts on Kamoer dosing units?

bulldog0407

Premium member
I have the Bubble Magnus TB-01 and I would not recommend it. There is not a way to calibrate it and if you are going to spend $200 go with the Aqua Medic. I am going to try a DP-4.

Beardown

I use the DOS and DDR. It's more expensive, but completely worth it if you have an apex. I can pinpoint my dosing, and know my parameters are correct.

ReefFanatic

Seems like the options are endless! I think I may be leaning towards the GHL 2.1 stand alone doser. While the price tag isn't too appealing, the reliability and control is unmatched. Does anyone have any experiences with it?