Red Sea alkalinity test kit

Bowhunter42

i know it sounds stupid but want to make sure im doing it correct .... using this test kit i fill the syringe all the way to the top , then gently press down until the bottom flat part of the black plunger ( not the point ) stops at 1 , then i depress until the LIQUID level reads 4 correct ? then add drop by drop until the color changes from blue to red ? now do i stop as soon as it changes colors or keep adding until i get a deeper color of red / orange ?

reading the final amount,im looking at where the liquid level is in the syringe and adding the initial .04 correct ? i know this shouldn't be that difficult ?

thanks

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Fill the syringe all the way. Then push the plunger down till the bottom of it is at the 1 line. The liquid will be around around 8.5. Then just slowly depress the liquid in till the color changes from blue to pinkish. My new kit turns more yellow then pink. Just watch it till it changes from the blue color. After it turns yellow/pink check where the bottom if the plunger ended up at . If the plunger is at 4.5 after it turns yellow/pink than you used 5.5 of the titrant liquid. then match the 5.5 to the dkh. Its yard to see the change if your liquid goes yellow. I put it up to a white piece of paper to see the change more clearly.