reef city aquatics pics i took :-) enjoy

mr_z

that clam you guys see is about 20 inches id say i think lol awesome shop mark and his wife are erally cool n nice they have only a bit of dry goods and a bit of fish buts tons of coral in the frag tank cant wait to see his huge tank as a reef like he told me he wanted it but very well worth the trip for you guys that are far from him come with about 150 bucks and youll stock up a 55 gallon tank easilly :) if you guys all decide to go let me know so i can tag along. and you can visit 2 other lfs that are close by (aquatica and robs) while your out here for those of you who havnt.

sorry i thought i did take a pic of the shark tank but i didnt ill be visiting him at least once a week since its on the way to my work anyways. so ill have a pic

jcarlilesiu

Great looking store, originally from Bourbonnais so Ill have to check it out next time I go to see the fam.

Thanks for posting pics!

fastrc

Worst thing i hate is going into a store and having to ask prices on everything because there to lazy to put prices on stuff,Ill walk out of a store i have to have a salesman up my rear just to know pricing. Luv this places frag tank!A little smaller than mine.
Cool!! A LFS with prices listed :top::top:

Reef City

Hey guys... thanks for the kind words...:) and nice meeting you guys that stopped in.

I try my hardest to keep the prices posted and still have room on the tank to see the corals n fish....lol

sexy shrimp... we are out of those for now but there are now on my order list

I have some hammer and frog spawn frags from $25 to $35... once there's some more room in our frag display I'll be getting in some torch corals..

Just keep in mind we are very very new and I want to grow to be the spot Hobbyist go to... It's not going to happen over night but we will get there... but feel free to come by n check us out n hang out for a bit... I love talking Reef ! There's always new stuff learn and I believe the best way to do that is to network with other hobbyist, that's another reason why I love Reef forums... info info info n more info makes for a successful growing Reef..

lunacris

ill be in there for sure as soon as i get off this dumb work schedule i love a store that will talk to you without pushing a sale see ya guys soon

Halcon

Took a trip to Reef City today and met the owners, what nice folks they are. While they have just started out (I think they said they have been open for about six weeks). They have a nice setup and Mark already has some new plans for expanding the store. I felt the prices were very good and they were very helpful and informative. I'm excited to see how they grow and would recommend everyone stop by if you get the chance!

-Don

SkunkerX

I wish my experience was as pleasant. I went in walked "I mean rolled" around the store and the only person there was on the phone "didn't sound like business"and paid me no attention, so after I rolled around the store twice very slowly looking in every tank stopping and sitting by the ones I wanted something in and after no one would help me "well there was only 1 guy who was on the phone the whole time" I just left and got what I needed elsewhere. But then again that happens to me just about everywhere and I'm beginning to think everyone is just afraid of my wheelchair, but everything was clean and the livestock all looked good thou.

poidog

That sucks. :( when I was there, there was someone in a motorized wheelchair (lift van and all) and I saw them be very helpful to him and his family that was with. I feel you, I hate being ignored in a business. Just a quick hello is all I need so I know the employees give me the I'm here if you need anything.

Halcon

I'm sorry to hear about that, I can only speak to my expirence. I can't imagine that was one of the owners. But can certainly understand how you felt.

Reef City

I wish my experience was as pleasant. I went in walked "I mean rolled" around the store and the only person there was on the phone "didn't sound like business"and paid me no attention, so after I rolled around the store twice very slowly looking in every tank stopping and sitting by the ones I wanted something in and after no one would help me "well there was only 1 guy who was on the phone the whole time" I just left and got what I needed elsewhere. But then again that happens to me just about everywhere and I'm beginning to think everyone is just afraid of my wheelchair, but everything was clean and the livestock all looked good thou.

Sorry to hear that and I remember you well... your very right I was on the phone with my friend Luke he was asking questions about cycling his tank to get ready to pick up some sharks but none less I very sorry I try my hardest to serve everyone.. but I wish you would have stuck around just a bit longer and it would have been hard to shut me up when it comes to Reefing...

If you wanna give us a second chance and stop by I will personally hand you a free frag and you don't have to buy a thing.. Just let me know what you keep... LPS SPS... Softies I have some nice corals and I know any would be nice addition to your Reef. Come on by and see me (Mark) I'll make things right.
Again I apologize