Reef tank is coming back slowly

kratos1028

Thought I had a thread posted in this section too but guess not so I will have to start a new one. Took a few pics of the corals that were left after the big sale. A couple of people do have some of my zoas but since no one is buying, I might get them back. I was going for a fowlr tank but these zoas require no care at all. I have the crappy Ebay 1w leds over them too. Colors did change from the IT2080 I had over them but they still look good. I might need to buy another porthole soon lol

FTS - Clown trigger is ~7" for reference

kratos1028

Those are speckled fire and ice. I had a HUGE colony before and I thought I had scraped it all off the rock but looks like I missed a few polyps that have grown back now.

edsbeaker

I thought you might get back into adding some corals, even if it's a limited number of them. I think once you are a reefer and you own a box containing salt water, a couple of fish and some LR the temptation is SOOO hard to resist those colorful enticing creatures. Welcome back to the dark side. Looks like they are doing well.

kratos1028

I thought you might get back into adding some corals, even if it's a limited number of them. I think once you are a reefer and you own a box containing salt water, a couple of fish and some LR the temptation is SOOO hard to resist those colorful enticing creatures. Welcome back to the dark side. Looks like they are doing well.
I can't get into the reef I had before. Only reason I have these is because they survived the water abuse lol. But yea, once you starts corals, its hard to give it up.

Do I see Sunny D's in there ?.....Got some from you awhile back---really nice ZOA's
Yup, Sunny ds are in there.

kratos1028

Now I have the cheap ebay led lights. They looked more vibrant under my other leds but it could also be that my nitrates are not 40+ and phosphates are over 2.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Very slick setup! How big is that tank?!? I'd never have guessed the trigger was 7" from that FTS!

kratos1028

Very slick setup! How big is that tank?!? I'd never have guessed the trigger was 7" from that FTS!
Thanks! The tank is a standard 6' 125.

holy cow those colonies came back/took off fast! The speckled fire and ice are nice :)
yea they did take off. A couple of the colonies are a little stunted from the high phosphates but I don't really care. I am dosing vinegar now too so hopefully once the nitrates come down, they will start growing faster again.