Reefbreeders settings

Neebles

Hey all, for all those who have the reefbreeders lights/similar chinese leds, can you share your settings/ramping schedule? I can't seem to get one set that I like. Anyway, thanks in advance and please post away !!

vucious

This is my light schedule based on my personal preference and I still tweak it all the time. I have a mixed tank right now but lately it's becoming more SPS dominated. I have the 32" lights about 14 inches from the top of the water. I have 90 degree optics on the back row of the lights and NO optics on the rest. This is my schedule using 1 hour setting.

9AM - 15%B
10AM - 30%B 15%W
11AM - 50%B 25%W
12PM- 60%B 50%W
1PM - 75%B 60%W
2PM = 75%B 60%W
3PM = 75%B 60%W
4PM = 75%B 60%W
5PM = 60%B 50%W
6PM = 50%B 25%W
7PM = 30%B 15%W
8PM = 25%B
9PM = 15%B

I like to look at the tank at night with only blues on. Hence, blues only to ramp down at night. The corals seems to be growing and coloring up very nicely so far. Good luck!

Neebles

This is my light schedule based on my personal preference and I still tweak it all the time. I have a mixed tank right now but lately it's becoming more SPS dominated. I have the 32" lights about 14 inches from the top of the water. I have 90 degree optics on the back row of the lights and NO optics on the rest. This is my schedule using 1 hour setting.

9AM - 15%B
10AM - 30%B 15%W
11AM - 50%B 25%W
12PM- 60%B 50%W
1PM - 75%B 60%W
2PM = 75%B 60%W
3PM = 75%B 60%W
4PM = 75%B 60%W
5PM = 60%B 50%W
6PM = 50%B 25%W
7PM = 30%B 15%W
8PM = 25%B
9PM = 15%B

I like to look at the tank at night with only blues on. Hence, blues only to ramp down at night. The corals seems to be growing and coloring up very nicely so far. Good luck!
Awesome thank you for posting!

Anyone else? I know we aren't the only 2 that have this light!!

Tkroll0321

Premium member
Hey all, for all those who have the reefbreeders lights/similar chinese leds, can you share your settings/ramping schedule? I can't seem to get one set that I like. Anyway, thanks in advance and please post away !!
I keep a mainly LPS tank and and only ramp up to about 45% on either of them. Although I will be changing that slightly now that I'll be supplementing with t5s.

I'll let you know what my new schedule becomes once I get it set.

Neebles

I keep a mainly LPS tank and and only ramp up to about 45% on either of them. Although I will be changing that slightly now that I'll be supplementing with t5s.

I'll let you know what my new schedule becomes once I get it set.
Sweet. I saw a nice little diy hybrid t5ho/reefbreeders light that I may try as well. They guy says it gave the corals a little extra pop that they were missing with this light alone. Looks pretty simple to make, and inexpensive to boot

vucious

Sweet. I saw a nice little diy hybrid t5ho/reefbreeders light that I may try as well. They guy says it gave the corals a little extra pop that they were missing with this light alone. Looks pretty simple to make, and inexpensive to boot
Is there a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neebles

I'll have to search around a bit as it was probably a month or so ago...basically he took his reefbreeders and mounted 2 single bulb t5ho fixtures...he drilled holes into the fixture and used some nuts and bolts to attach the t5s. I believe he is using the sunblaster fixtures which can he had on Amazon for around 40 bucks each, and coral + bulbs. It's not the greatest looking thing in the world, but it's not ghetto either.

Here's a pic of how the fixture looks.

View attachment 9217
Is there a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk