reefkeeper lite

Ms0099rg

I just ordered my Apex should be here today. IF you a tech junky like me DO IT!!! I have seen them on 29 biocubes.

The reefer

Yea but I wanted to check if anybody had one for sale first. But would that one control heater,light,etc?

fastrc

I payed more but for a fellow CR i would take $50.00 Depends on what you want it to do for you. Have to have a pc4, A temp probe is needed to regulate heater,If you want a ph probe you have to get the sl1 and the probe, There is a moonlight module that controls lunar cycles of the moonlight led's, There is many different modules for different controls. The unit is updated with the newest 2.0 update.

poidog

If all you're running is a heater I would say you don't need one. The only benefit it would give you is that it would kill power to the heater if the heater gets stuck on. For the lights just get a $10 digital timer from target. I would recommend just buying a new one that has the items you need - they're only $100. I have a RKL on my nano, but I run a metal halide, antinics, chiller, and heater on it. I would recommend it for more complicated set ups like mine.

The reefer

Eric I'm looking for an rkl bcuz I'm thinking about upgrading later on. And wat I would like to run on it is the heater.skimmer,lights day and night cycle. And mayb a refugium light. Would it run all of That? I'm Gona look around and see who has a better price on it and I might order it this weekend

fastrc

Jaime your best bet is www.marinedepot.com has a intro unit with 1 pc4 and the sl1 module and probe that comes up on sale every once in awhile and they have the best price, If your not in a hurry wait the sale out!

The reefer

yea im not in a big hurry but would like one on my nano for now so i can get the hang of it. i also have leds on my tank so i still need to buy an extra driver so i can control the blues and whites on a different time schedule.

if it comes with a pc4 i would just connect my light 1 for blue and 1 for white,heater, and koralia.

is there a way i can just put the koralia and the pump on a 2 way and connect that into the last pc on the rkl? that way it can control both pumps or no?

BADGUS

I have the RKL and mine controls lighting,PH,and also controls fans/heater.I bought mine on a black friday from marine depot.Go for it!!

xtlosx

if anyone sees one at a good deal let me know

Agreed..... I would be up for it if they went on sale, I found Reef Keeper Lite + Other goodies, which includes the pH probe as well.....

My goals are this.. In my stand, it's currently a mess, I am using 3 seperate timers for Daylight, Blue light, and Night LED\Fuge light.... I have 2 power strips and it's just packed in there. I was looking to simplify it with a Coralife deluxe power strip (which would fit my needs), but not give me any of the cool automation that I could do with this..

I can hold off on purchasing anything right now and wait out a sale, that would be just fine with me... The question is, they only have a 4 plug power strip, but can that be expanded to say 8? I would love, to eventually have this lighting setup.

First 30 minutes - 1 LED fixture's blue lights.
next 30 minutes - the other fixture's blues.
next 30 - first fixtures whites

and so on.. a gradual step, right now both blues turn on for an hour, then both whites turn on for an hour, so it would be cool to really be able to control it that way but just don't have the outlets, and flexibility...

Maybe I can keep an eye out for Craigslist or something, or just wait for MarineDepot to put out a sale...

Thoughts? Should I wait.... I'm thinking yes :)

xtlosx

I'm picking up the RKL Level 3 tomorrow, and will do a full write-up review on my experiences.. I'm looking forward to collapsing my multiple timers, and power strips into one nice unit.... and wave maker, and some monitoring probes..

Can't wait!!!

xtlosx

Aquacave in Gurnee... The price is the $269, but I get to go for a little road trip and pick it up.. So tomorrow afternoon, guess what I'm doing! Woohoo!!