ReefWise LFS

Pawel

Premium member
I visited Reefwise today to buy some fish for my frag tank. After the visit I have to share my experience. First when I walked into the store I notice that tank on the bottom picture. THIS TANK IS SICK! 500 gallons shallow reef tank with probably 200g sump. Owner is setting up this tank to be full of fish and corals. I can't wait to see this tank wet. (I couldn't stop staring).

This store also has quarantine system tanks. New fish arrivals go into copper quarantine tanks before they go for sale. That's why I got my yellow coris, lawnmower bleny and scopas tang from that store. I didn't have to QT the fish.

Nice SPS and LPS coral selection too. Some 24k torches caught my eye. Next time I probably grab some corals.
Store is worth stopping by. I'll definitely do business again.

Mpdan

Premium member
I am really happy someone posted this. I loved to go there and then it completely changed. The last time I was there it was almost empty. Cannot wait to check it out now under new ownership.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Pawel

Premium member
I am really happy someone posted this. I loved to go there and then it completely changed. The last time I was there it was almost empty. Cannot wait to check it out now under new ownership.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
The new owner Jim was really cool with me.

istunt4u

Thank You
The new owner Jim was really cool with me.
We appreieate the feedback, and look forward to make Reefwise the best saltwater fish store in the chicagoland area .. I will be sharing new fish inventory , along with pics of coral we have avaliable in the store and on or web site. <website curently being re constucted> I hope you enjoy the new fish and hope to see you back soon ..

Glad to see this place has done a complete 180. Reefwise used to be my favorite store back when I lived in the suburbs, so when they stopped caring it was really sad to see. I remember seeing the troughs literally filled to the brim with corals, anything you could think of. Amazing fish I've never seen at other stores. And then I walked in one day and their tanks were empty, maybe a couple colonies and a rack of aquacultured frags.

I'm excited to see what the new owner has in store and to see them become a great place to shop at again.

I agree with everyone that posted. It's nice to see the store return to what looks like an even better version of its best days. The last time I was there was a couple years ago and the store looked like someone just abandoned it.

I usually went in to "just pick something up" and then drive home coming up with an explanation as to why I "needed" everything else. To my wife's horror, it looks like it might be back to that.

Working 10 minutes from there doesn't help.

Pawel

Premium member
I agree with everyone that posted. It's nice to see the store return to what looks like an even better version of its best days. The last time I was there was a couple years ago and the store looked like someone just abandoned it.

I usually went in to "just pick something up" and then drive home coming up with an explanation as to why I "needed" everything else. To my wife's horror, it looks like it might be back to that.

Working 10 minutes from there doesn't help.
Here is a good educational video when it comes to buying reef stuff and dealing with your wife.
http://instagr.am/p/CUoBavuA1sy/