Regarding local breeders..

Jep21

Was wondering if we there is a place we can put local breeders at.. thats if they would like to be featured.. Like just put the breeder as the title for someone that would like to be featured here as a local breader.. Like i love buying online or what not but i would also love it to buy from someone who breeds and that lives close to me.. It'll just be easier to find them and it'll help begining reefers to find very hardy/local/and affordable fish/inverts.. Let me knw what u guys thnk of this idea

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I like the idea. I got my "fudge-glazed/mocha" clowns from a breeder nearby. Dave Childs "The Foster Anemone" in Lockport. Nice guy too.

Jep21

Any of the local breeders can be a CR Sponsor and have a badge with sponsorship.
the only thing would be.. i understand to be a sponser u have to meet certain "requirements".. so i thnk some may be reluctant to be a sponser.. can there be a exception of ur a local breeder?

FishBeard

the only thing would be.. i understand to be a sponser u have to meet certain "requirements".. so i thnk some may be reluctant to be a sponser.. can there be a exception of ur a local breeder?
The requirement is an annual fee to support the site. In return you get your own sub forum and hotlink banner to your own site. Not a whole lot to it as you seem to think.

Jep21

The requirement is an annual fee to support the site. In return you get your own sub forum and hotlink banner to your own site. Not a whole lot to it as you seem to think.
i understand.. i spoke to a lfs regarding checking our awesome forum and becoming a sponser by tlking to our admn but they were turned off by the annual fee.. i just thnk the annual fee should be little lower for breeders so they wont get turned off by it....

poidog

Understand your concerns, but It wouldn't be fair if company A paid $500 for sponsorship while company B paid $100 because their smaller.

The fee for sponsorship is VERY reasonable for any size business to open up advertisement on the site.

*on a side note: The site has never not allowed local breeders to post FS treads to sell. No one ever said you can't change your avatar to say local breeder ;)

$ figures above not actual, just an example

Jep21

I don't think the sponsors who sell fish would like special treatment for their competition.
i just thnk if they are a specialty breeder like only clownfish or seahorses only i dnt thnk they require the same annual fee then a full on sponser who sells fish/inverts/corals/dry goods

FishBeard

Jeppun, I know you mean well, but I think you may be misinformed about the annual fees. Let's put it this way, it costs more a month for a Netflix account than it does to advertise on the site.

Jep21

Jeppun, I know you mean well, but I think you may be misinformed about the annual fees. Let's put it this way, it costs more a month for a Netflix account than it does to advertise on the site.
i understand.. i just thnk it would be nice to knw who are local breeders are on this site and not have to look here there and everywhere to find one..

Jep21

You know, you could have just posted in a WTB thread and all the breeders would have just come to you, rather than complain about sponsor fees..,
im not complaining regarding sponsor fee's i just stated that some breeders may be turned off by it is all and just suggested maybe a smaller fee for them.. my whole purpose of this was to have the local breeders have the titles of breeder under there name is all so we know who they are..

Jep21

I totally see where you are coming from, but if you post this as a thread the breeders will come tou you!
i understand.. i just had an idea and thought it was a good one for not only myself but for other reefers here who are looking to purchase breed fish or wanting to knw where to get them locally..

FishBeard

im not complaining regarding sponsor fee's i just stated that some breeders may be turned off by it is all and just suggested maybe a smaller fee for them.. my whole purpose of this was to have the local breeders have the titles of breeder under there name is all so we know who they are..
Ok, so complaint may be a little harsh, but definitely persistent that a breeder should deserve reduced fees to carry an equally exposing forum as a retail sponsor advertising on the site. I don't see how the current fees could possibly be more fair than they are already!

Jep21

Ok, so complaint may be a little harsh, but definitely persistent that a breeder should deserve reduced fees to carry an equally exposing forum as a retail sponsor advertising on the site. I don't see how the current fees could possibly be more fair than they are already!
I apologies for my persistence.. just thought my idea would help others and myself.. i only got a little info on the fees on becoming a sponsors .. maybe ur right regarding the fees being fair.. Just wanted identifiers to see who breeders are.. thats all