Remember when?

Mark1313

You finally got it?
Maybe you stopped killing fish?
Maybe you stopped having frags disappear?
Maybe you hit perfect water parameters?
Maybe every coral opened up and your fish started eating and swimming around?
Maybe you're a genius and got it correct day 1.

Remember that day?
Today my little 6.6 gallon hit that day.
Today was my day.
I'm confident now that my plans for the future will actually work and I'm not just burning cash. I'm confident now to start other saltwater projects.
Today I'm that person and I'm bloody overjoyed.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

tinman

ermmm bo boo sorry to burst your bubble but ....................but they never stay that way ever

Mark1313

ermmm bo boo sorry to burst your bubble but ....................but they never stay that way ever
Of course not. I'm not delusional.
It was meant for 2 reasons.
Myself, I felt good.

Others maybe decades into the hobby, maybe they were perfect, maybe they had it all down easy and now they fight bryopsis, maybe dinos, maybe RTN. Who knows.
Don't quit. Remember that day, last week, last month, last century, when ya got it.
When a new tank can become a sit back and look at the tank for something other than work.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jrpark22000

Premium member
Tinman is a little harsh, with work and dedication you can overcome new tank blues.

Last fish I had die was due to a fungal deal, which also took out a second fish, sucks but that's been a couple years. Coral, even sps I havn't lost any due to anything other than my own neglect (too many work hours) for several years. Once you and your tank can find a balance of maintenance, equipment, and stability (assuming your not overstocked) the tank can become quite routine.

It's still never easy and carfree to maintain, but atleast I've come to know what to expect for needed work/expense.