Ricordea

Choseneball

Does ricordea move?

I keep reading it's a mushroom and that it like low end of flow. Normally placed on a rock somewhere.

I have two small ones. The first day I got one on a frag; it fell off so I re glued it. the other one was given to me by a friend funny to say I had just bought one (palm to the face).

However, the one given to me I put on the bottom sand and every day this week it moved in and out of this cave. In the morning when I wake up it's out In the open and by night it's back inside like clock work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mooney190

Mushrooms don't move...Can you post a pic of it? Also, ricordeas do expand and contract like a LPS would, so maybe when it's expanded it looks like it comes out of the cave, and when it contracts, it looks as if it goes back in.

carpetreef75

Premium member
Does ricordea move?

I keep reading it's a mushroom and that it like low end of flow. Normally placed on a rock somewhere.

I have two small ones. The first day I got one on a frag; it fell off so I re glued it. the other one was given to me by a friend funny to say I had just bought one (palm to the face).

However, the one given to me I put on the bottom sand and every day this week it moved in and out of this cave. In the morning when I wake up it's out In the open and by night it's back inside like clock work.

have 2 dozen ricordea and they dont move , picked up a rock anemone from Kush and a beautiful maxi from Wojtek and neither has stopping moving in a weeks time .almost time to put them in the sump
Bryan

Choseneball

Mushrooms don't move...Can you post a pic of it? Also, ricordeas do expand and contract like a LPS would, so maybe when it's expanded it looks like it comes out of the cave, and when it contracts, it looks as if it goes back in.
I circled the cave . it's a good distance away. and it is like clock work that it's in and out of this cave daily.

Also another pic of the other one just cause I like the pic.

Choseneball

it moved it self again yesterday night into the cave. didn't get to see it. will see where it's at when I get home

Choseneball

yep moved again today! I learn stuff ever day. though I am ruffly new to corals still.

ninjamyst

Premium member
What you are seeing is probably it flowing to a different spot because of current. You should glue it down before it flows to a spot that you can't see. Ricordea also don't drop babies. They split instead. If it starts to bleach, then it's really stress and it will simply disintegrate